What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Dead, 9 wounded in shooting at LA Fitness In Bridgeville PA.

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
I'm not from Pittsburg but I feel for the families, friends and entire town for their loss. That was a terrible thing. :(

I don't know why some people want to take others down with them when they are having problems.

I agree. I will be crying if i know one of them, or someone who knows one. its just awful. i live in a nice pittsburgh neighborhood, but something could always happen. all are welcome to post.

P.S. if i type a bit off(like spelling, or word today) its cause im upset. I accidentally put jappen, and i just typed accident

Here's the story (2 pages) from my web provider's news page that has some extracts from his website where he talks about "chickening out" after having attempted to do this earlier:
http://www.myembarq.com/news/read.php?ps=1018&rip_id=%3CD99SOTVO0%40news.ap.org%3E&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

It says the guy was mad about not getting dates or having any friends. I think it's rather nice not be bothered by a bunch of people so I can get my writing and art done. Some people just can't take solitude I guess... Perhaps if he'd had some reason to exist (discovered & enacted his true will) maybe he wouldn't have felt the way he did and shot up the place.

This makes me sick that people do stuff like this, and what sickens me even more is I saw a report where he eerily wrote about this on line before he commited the crime. My BIG question is WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SPEAK UP? This whole thing could of been prevented. It always seems that in these cases, no one ever speaks up because it's like everyone takes this stuff like a joke.
This stuff is no joke at all, and when ever someone posts stories like this on the net, they should be arrested and confined in a Mental Hospital for further evaluation.

My Deepest condolences go out to the Families and everyone else who have been victims to this kind of Violence. In these cases where there's a heads up, this stuff could have been prevented. People need to take this stuff more seriously.

This George Sodini is what I call an Example of the 48 year old virgin.

I pray for peace for the Families of the victims as well as the Victims. I also pray that the recovering victims make a full recovery

My Opinion about him is just because he cant get a date, that doesn't mean he should go and kill others who have accomplished what he cant, and that is a spouse and kids. Those women had families, Husbands and one was even pregnant. I heard that she will be fine and that the Baby should be fine as well. I thank god that the Baby wasn't harmed.
If he wanted a date so bad, he was obviously looking in the wrong place. He should of tried some other places for a woman. Searching in one place too long will inevitably result in failure. His biggest thing is he needed serious mental help. It was obvious and the big problem in this case is that no one spoke up about this.

I really do hope that this kind of stuff that people post on the net like this guy did will be taken more seriously and can be more prevented. It really does pain me to hear of these kind of Tragedies. No body deserves this to happen to them.

the guy is more than few cards shy of a full deck........shoulda started his killing spree with himself.....

I agree Rattler 100%. Why dont people like this just kill themselves rather than having to take innocent good people down with them.

i agree. I did not hear of this blog until now, but i would have reported it. the instructor was shot in the shoulder and back, but not near the baby. both (baby and mother) are very lucky. At the conference, i heard the police chief say he did not use ALL the rounds... very lucky...

No offense, but was it really necessary to bring this to our attention?!

It is necessary to brings this to our attention, because it shows that we should be more careful about which people live in our society and what kind of thoughts are swimming through there heads so that way we can remove those types from society and make the world a better and safer place, While people like this George Sodini are locked up in a Mental Institution receiving the very much need help they require.
That is why stuff like this happens is because It is not brought to our attention in the first place.

well, ive seen posts about the virginia tech before i was a member, thought id bring this up, for discussion

If we dont bring this to our attention, we end up repeating history. I'm only making a statement. I'm not trying to bash at anyone here.

Once again, 'WE' are a carnivorous plant forum, 'we' or at least 'I' come here to talk about fun stuff, debate about things, leave this bad news for the reporters/authorities... That's what I meant, my bad ;)
I (am speaking from my own opinion, and I am NOT trying to discredit yours) think that when I come here, I enjoy reading posts about people having GOOD experiences with their cp's, be it a new pic, or someone receiving plants in the mail, questioning about how to do something... I usually just leave when i find posts like this, if I want to hear about things like this, I'll just put the TV on the news. Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to posting anything you wish, but IMHO, I don't think this is the place to do so when it comes to these things. (It's kind of disturbing that this guy was able to plan this out, to the open public, without anyone notice/act upon it)
Just my opinion, and I am NOT replying anymore, this is not a debate to me, it's a tragedy (for the victims). I just realized this happened in your home state, i understand why you wanted to express this now...

I respect your opinion fully and fully understand it. I actually live in Tucson AZ but I am a victim of gun violence twice.

If you're not interested in a topic there's no rule you have to reply to it or even read it. I don't see it as offensive to discuss current events (sometimes the news is good sometimes it's bad). I enjoy having a varied General Discussion forum where all sorts of topics are covered. I'd rather discuss it here than watch pundits/media people yell about it on TV. If someone had put this over in the Tropical Pitcher Plants section then I would say it was out of place.

It is necessary to brings this to our attention, because it shows that we should be more careful about which people live in our society and what kind of thoughts are swimming through there heads so that way we can remove those types from society and make the world a better and safer place, While people like this George Sodini are locked up in a Mental Institution receiving the very much need help they require.
That is why stuff like this happens is because It is not brought to our attention in the first place.

aint going to catch them all.....there are screwed up ppl in the world and short of locking everyone up in individual cells you will never prevent it.......

The title of the thread "4 Dead... " That there would be a clue to not read if you didin't want to read / discuss a gruesome event. IMHO one reason our society is screwed up is because there is no meaingful dialogue on important issues. It is either ignored out of apathy, ignorance, media overkill for ratings,... or it is not talked about because it is uncomfortable. Just because a topic is uncomfortable doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it, in most cases that is exactly why it is so important to talk about it.

There was actually a newspaper published years ago called The Good News which refused to publish any bad news but it only lasted a few months.

Here's a very short article:
http://www.thatsweird.net/history4.shtml

One of our local TV networks (WCCO) never does bad or "scary" news stories when kids might be watching at the dinner time broadcasts (5:00 and 6:00).

Back