What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting documentary

• Thread starter MiguelSR1
  • Start date
The US currency was backed in gold before 1933, so bills before that said something like "redeemable in gold" But there came a action against US citizens that forced civilians to give up all the gold they had to the US goverment and any resistance can land them 10 years in prison, so then the gold standar was abolished by Franklin Roosvelt, he was wrong. So then today our bills say "legal tender which means it is not backed in gold.

That's true, my silver certificates from the 1920s are not backed by silver anymore. But so what? Why does it matter?

if your money is not backed in gold or silver then this means id does not really have any power AT ALL, the only reason u are able to purchase with your bill is because of the amount of bills in circulation. Robert Kiyosaki explains this. So therefore money is powerfull becasue the governent say so by fiat. Gold backs the ecomony or the world , if currency is not backed by it there is a problem, one of the reasons the dollar is loosing value is beacue of this. If a time comes that money cannot be used because it no longer has value and can't even be redemmed in gold then what are we gonna do??? NOTHING, imagine that kind of world. not that paper will loose all of it's value (but possible) but the principle itself that this is how money works and operates should not be in place PERIOD. Wouldn;t u agree?

But howcome u never chat? I am always in the chat

I type too slow for chats! lol!

"Value" placed on any sort of currency is fiat or imaginary, like a collective faith or a belief system. Whether it's a belief in paper, gold, silver or little balls of dead skin... It's only as valuable as the culture(s) using it says it is.

Other than the authors/producers of these theories and gold coin dealers who else says gold backs the economy of the world? Insisting on a Gold Standard is to insist on a finite resource - which is one reason why we are off the gold standard (I believe Roosevelt did that). Like oil there is only so much gold and silver in the earth, and gold mine runoff is extremely toxic. Alchemists have worked for centuries to transmute base metals to gold but so far no dice, so there really isn't going to be much more.

That's the point the paper's value is baed on what culture says but does not actually based on what it is worth in precious commodities. Yes it is a finite source but even if it was finite paper has to relly on something "in value" in order for that paper to have power, I think they need to come up with alternatives to back up paper not just it being clear smoke beacue with society money itself cannot just be simply ran on collective faith sort of thing. If it is then again it is not the proper principle in the 1rst place to have it this way. U are right alchemists have tried for centuries to crack the code on converting material into gold such as metals lead, and even paper but never came up with a definite formula, it might be true to say that we just haven't fully reached the pinacleof technology at our time so we do not have all capabilities to further progreess with alchemic sciences. I think u are a cool person to talk to, u should go to chat, i am there tight now if u wanna chat

beacue with society money itself cannot just be simply ran on collective faith sort of thing.
But that's all money ever was, is or will be, whether it be gold or something else not yet imagined. It is all fiat. Nothing in this world has any Intrinsic Value (value in and of itself) until someone points at it and says "that is worth this". It doesn't matter what the currency is called or made of, only that everybody agrees on rendering services for said item. Along the Sepik river in New Guinea they trade special dried/painted leaves and Shells traded with the coastal people as currency. A gold coin or US dollar would mean nothing to them as anything more than a curio no matter how much we insist it's worth something. Since they don't trade in those they are essentially valueless in their culture as a commodity. And of course - vice versa. I can't drop off a bag of cockle shells in exchange for my tank full of gas! lol!

I would imagine that before long we in the "civilized world" will be living in a cashless society where everyone gets paid in "credits" and only uses a swipe card type thing. There probably won't even be any physical currency at all in another decade. Just direct deposits to a persons "credits card". I don't care one way or another, I only use a swipe card anyway.

This cashless move would wipe out the black markets for: dope, guns, sex and anything else in a split second - the police states dream! :D

This cashless move would wipe out the black markets for: dope, guns, sex and anything else in a split second - the police states dream! :D

At least until they come up with some other form of currency. :jester:

Yes, that's true. Some kind of covert "billing" would have to take place.

:scratch: Hmmmm. How would Paypal rule on a customer complaining about a poor quality bag of pot? Would they rule in favor of the dealer or the buyer?

LOL! :D

But in a civilized world we must understand that our money system cannot be solely based on nothing, alternatives might be possible to back it up such as when we said gold is woth this nad it will back up the dollar lol U know that getting rid of physical currency can be achieved by that chp implanted in you, all they need to do is scan your hand with the chip in it and then it takes the money electronically from your elctronic account, and without this chip u cannot buy, sell , or trade, work anything basically u do not exist. This is 1 of the heaviest reasons they wanna push for this chip, but i do not agree. This chip has the capability of recording all of a person's thoughts throughout their life (it can read thought impulses it is THAT advanced) it can see, hear feel, smell, EVERYTHING that that person is!!!! (So it can see you cpu screen just like how u see it!!! NO!!!!) they plan to uplink EVERY chip on EVERY human in the PLANET to sattelites and supercomputers that can RECORD your whole LIFE, if that is scary well hear this, who ever is in control of the supercomputers and satellites can send messages to the chip in your body to make u do ANYTHING they type in. The chip is atached to your nerves where elcetrical inpulses travel throughout in order for 1 to even be able to move because thier brain say so, so with this chip in there that can give commands by sending elcetical messages straight to the brain, there then ther we go!!!! your free will is gone! the POTENTIAL of COMPLETE CONTROL and ZERO PRIVACY can be an ending result. They can also tell your chip to shut u down and therfore u can loose conciousness and even make your subconcoiouc mind to stop functioning therfore killing you. Will I have this chip? NO!!!! even if they crusade that this chip is intended for the safety and well being of humanity still the answer is NO!!! because with all majoy power comes corruption and that CHANCE average peolpe must NOT TAKE with these chips. If it does not go the bad way then cool, ok then what if is does?? (and remember with more power the more the corruption what moer for this) then what? now what? who we goona run to? EXACTLY. It will the the PERFECT tool of control, " we see 300 civilians on the move for protest of cyber chips implanted in their bodeis in San Diego" "your orders?" "houston shut them down" n every one drops. (that is what can happen) they are even proposing a starting year where from then on EVERY baby born in the PLANET will have the chip implanted in them in hospitals by law NO!!!!! Even if they say they will monitor everything using what the chip can do such as seeing what your eyeballs see I would say that that is beyond liberty, privacy , and morals. And the media is buying this BULL!!! people are actually buying this BULL!!! so called "people wanna be protected speech" but little do they realize with the measures that "the powers that be" are implemeting to protect them are actually tools to take away their birth right wich is to exercise the right to live independently and free. And 1 might ask "how can they do this? the whole world will not agree 100%, people of different nations will disagree with this propositon" well then lemme tellu that BY FACT (BY ACTUAL REAL PRESENT TIME FACTS THAT ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW) our highest leaders in the world are pressing VERY STRONG efforts to build a 1 world goverment where the earth submits to 1 law, the earth's currency and economy is ran by 1 global bank, laws in Texas are laws in Africa, when thisis done since every 1 is in 1 law they will submit to the chips. NO NATION OR PEOPLE ARGUE PERIOD!!! the UN will be made as the ultimate world state police. have u heard of the Lisbon treaty in Europe? it is a superstate NO MATTER WHAT EU leadesrs might say the USA, MEXICO, AND CANADA are bieng (listen) MERGED to 1 super state which will be called "north american union" that wil end american soverighty, those really long freeways in texas they are tryin to construct? a step to connecting all 3 continents believe it or not. Asia will be merged to and africa as well, then when we have superstates they will ALL be merged and it is 1 WORLD LAW. Some might say "i would not worry it ain't gonna happen in my lifetime" BULL!!!!!!! it is being processed RIGHT NOW as I type this, "it will not afect me so i should not worry or care" BULL!!!! it affects EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH!!! "this is made up" BULL!!! watch CNN and other news channels, "why should i worry let them handle it" BULL!!! BULL!!! BULLL!!! the inability for an individual to act because of the lack of knowledge and wisodm is WILL put you in vein. This ignorance is the MIGHTIEST weapon of this forecomming BULL, people on top DO NOT want the people to know and understand because they know e we will fight and wiln cuz the TRUE power is in the masses and many people are fighting this "it is to make them feel better they know someting" BULL!! it is to have the proper knowledge in order to know your TRUE RIGHTS!!! "plantea is just dillusional crazy he just made this up" then prove yourself 100% correct that i just made it up n do your own research and see what u can find, "oh noo here we go again i dun wanna hear it" it is better for u to hear it that to not hear aything n the time comes when it is OVER. Is it this serious?? YES!!! or maybe i am just thinking too much but Swords I wanted to share this wiht u cuz i think u can have a good grasp on it n hopefulloy others wil learn something too, I got carried away when I read "police states' i automatically though of super states but damn lol

Hey hey now now people even if that was serious I am still a cool goofie future cp hobbyist, dun look at me like that, like I am some weird psycho nepenthes101, clue, capensis , u better still talk to me when u see me in chat, yeah that's right u better JK! and the rest of u too JK! lol

Ohhh boy...they really got you Plantea, and they got you good...

u think they got me? well i dun base it on youtube but actually on the news

Ok Ok i capitalized many letters and alright my writing is lonng, but i think it is a cool post :)

What is it that makes gold intrinsically valuable if not people's imagination? Who says it's valuable? There are much rarer minerals.

As I've said in the beginning, I've heard all this "great beast/new world order" talks 20 years ago at my mom's church. It was all parsed as a dire emergency, end times sort of thing. I'm assuming you've only just heard about this, so it's new and exciting. But it's old hat almost word for word, the implanted 666 chips, the mind controlling super computer - called at the time "The Great Beast". Which incidentally was actually the name of a mind controlling global super computer in a Philip K D!ck sci-fi novel called The Simulacrum some decades before. I don't mean to diminish your enthusiasm but don't go stocking the fallout shelter just yet! ;)

As far as I can tell, the only possible way the world might ever combine itself to even the faintest hint of one nation of humanity, is if we are attacked from beings not of this world. And the earth had to rise as one and defend itself, I even doubt that we could do that if need be! People can't even get along in the same nation, much less all the nations combining as one in peace and unity. And the leaders are the ones to blame for this.

As far as I can tell, the only possible way the world might ever combine itself to even the faintest hint of one nation of humanity, is if we are attacked from beings not of this world. And the earth had to rise as one and defend itself, I even doubt that we could do that if need be! People can't even get along in the same nation, much less all the nations combining as one in peace and unity. And the leaders are the ones to blame for this.

<------------------ *Points to his avatar*

On another note, have you seen the documentary "Ancient Aliens"?

Are you saying I'm a killjoy? :D

No I haven't seen that one. Is it on You Tube?

what I am saying that the current principle of money can somehow be rethought and given backing power, ok if not by gold then something else like say chia's money is backed by the population count so therefore the more people the more wrokers the stronger economy. i have heard of the SAME stuff u have from church ever sicne childhood, i went to church n they told me the same thing. Only reason I think of it is because it is really happening like they said it would, I mean seriously it really is. All the stuff they said before that the world will end on a specific date but never happened ok forget them, but when something has been said and it is truely comming to life in reality then maybe there is something there,

The thing is when someone has an idea pro or con a theory, they will search for all the evidence leading to or away from the theory and ignore any and all the evidence to the contrary. This is known in psychology as a "reality tunnel" where one excludes any evidence to the contrary. We are all guilty of this at times but just knowing about it helps us remain aware that there is never just the one side of the story.

All I'm saying is that this particular thing has been a scary story that has been repeated over and over. And I agree I would have a fit if I had to have a chip implanted as well! But when the producers put modern news clips with it, it seems more timely. If They were still showing scenes of Beirut in the 1980s as evidence of the end times and the old rooms full of IBM data spoolers as the great beast like they did in my day, people would probably laugh. Let's say they've updated the imagery/news clips but it's the same back story. Don't sweat it!

As far as aliens goes my main belief (reality tunnel) is in Rick Strassman's theory that UFO abductions, sightings, out of body experiences, near death experiences, etc. are accidental DMT excretions fired by the pineal gland in center of the human brain. These firings cause extremely unpredictable experiences, just as one cannot gain complete control over their dreams (try working on seeing your hands in your dreams). DMT is the most hallucinogenic compound in nature and it's manufactured right in the mammalian brain naturally during REM sleep. Mystics have learned to trigger these releases through meditation, fasting, and other means over the millennia however, people unaccustomed to such a rush of stimuli during an accidental trigger might well believe they were taken aboard a ship, lost time, left their body, spoke with the dead or any of the other things which are experiences related by persons having been injected with DMT during his experiments.

Back