User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here they come (PGA Fans) - take cover!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here they come (PGA Fans) - take cover!

Anybody here into golf?

I live in Chaska, MN where they're having the PGA tournaments next week (10-18th). Hazeltine Course is across the highway from my old ramshackled neighborhood. They expect the town to go from 18,000 to 250,000 people for next week. I can't believe that many people care about a little white ball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with some of the shots Tiger made today to win his 70th PGA match at only the tender age of 33, there will be quite of buzz of expectancy, as all of those golf fans pile into town to see Mr. Woods try for his first and last chance at a Major title for the year. Hope the traffic isn't too much of a nuisance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that really is a huge event then, it is like the delmar races or something.
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people with big incomes bowled instead of playing golf, advertisers and TV networks would fight over bowling tournaments and ignore professional golf. And, since media hype is the lifeblood of spectator sports, the crowds would be piling into the bowling alley.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the point of any kind of sports. But I do like to watch people get hurt doing those strong man competitions where these little Swedish meatballs have to flip over mini vans or lift cannons and drag planes around and stuff. It's just so ridiculous I almost have to watch...

What I can't figure out is why they always have the PGA thing at Hazeltine when only a few miles down the road is a filty rich area called Bear Path which is a golf course and neighborhood designed by the Jack Nicolas golf guy. All the homes are $1 million plus, most are owned by the Vikings football stars. Wouldn't that be the better place to have it than my piddly 200 year old decaying town? Chaska is known for yellow clay bricks (there's actually a Yellow Brick Road) and Gedney's Pickles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I am a strongest man show fan too Swords!! heheheh i really dun think i can kick their *** at all I dunno i dun really play sports (maybe polo if i was rich) I like Chess
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    el tigre is el win. I love watching that guy. He first played golf right across from my house (heartwell golf course)...
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad about what seems to be a general lack of interest in golf here. Golf courses consume a lot of habitat and water and export a lot of nutrients and chemicals to wreck other habitats downstream. I tried to get into golf when I was in high school but failed. I had bought a set of clubs for $8 at a yard sale and would go over to a public course in Jackson, MS in the evening, when it was $1 or $2 for as many holes as you could play before dark. But Mark Twain was right; golf is a good walk spoiled. I hope you survive the onslaught of people who disagree.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast