What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone watching the meteor shower?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
The Perseids Meteor Shower.... I just came back from my back yard and I must have seen a little over half a dozen instances in around 15 minutes. Half of them were very bright and had a bright lighted trail. Pretty spectacular. ...Reminded me of how little I am in this tremendous universe.

Info Link 1

Info Link 2

Info Link 3

It's peak is supposed to be tonight and tomorrow night, so if you miss it tonight you still catch it.

I watched it last year when I was up north during August, but around here the night-sky is sort of solid bluish-orange from all the light pollution.

Jason

Oh man, I totally forgot about it.

You'll go blind!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HLGkgM5U50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HLGkgM5U50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'd like to, but it looks like my area of NC is in for another fun filled night of thunder and lightning.

I would, but I don't think I can be outside at midnight - 5am, hehe.

I work nights 4 pm - 4am and we're outside on the patio at every break and we haven't seen any meteors at all. :(

Are they supposed to be visible in just a certain area?

I looked up last night, didn't see anything :(

^LOL.
I saw some more last night. Most of them were concentrated towards the north-northeast.

I saw only one, last night :D pretty sweet

Persids is my favorite meteor shower and it was CLOUDY here! I was heartbroken. Have to wait another year... :(

Back