Edit:

post removed
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole health care business is corrupt, as are the people in Washington who are making decisions about it. If our government ever stops spending 2/3 of its budget on killing people in other countries to give the US this false sense that we are safer maybe then we can fund things like health care. The fact that its even a business is half the problem, no profits should be turned when it comes to making sure people have health care, end of story.

As for all of you who keep pointing to other countries with socialized medicine and say how badly it works, at least it works, better than getting no care at all when you dont have insurance. Tell me how you feel about things after your insurance company/employer/source of insurance drops you and you cant afford to go get medical care. Lets see if how you feel about socialized medicine then.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all i can say is it took Obama 6 months to pick out a dog and yah guys want to let congress pick out health care programs for us over a few weeks? what major, far reaching program that congress or a president come up with in history that has really and truly worked? all the current health care programs the government are in charge of are royally screwed up.....not sure if i want them messing with them.......my wife and i make less than $50,000 a year combined yet even with my wife have an emergency, life saving middle of the night surgery, as well as a minor surgery on her foot that was an elective and not a must at that time within weeks of each other about 8 months ago we are having no problems affording our private health insurance nor paying medical bills.......

at this point i would rather deal with the big bad health care industry than a government health program that congress insists on opting themselves out of cause its not good enough for them.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I say, you're one of the lucky ones with decent insurance. Strive to keep it that way, and use it as much as you can cos it really sucks to pay for insurance and get essentially nothing in return. I know!

(I used that smiley costh he ain't goths no theeth!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can afford it cause i choose to live in a place where $50,000 can make a mortgage payment on a 2,000 square foot house and purchase decent health insurance and im only required to eat peanut butter sandwiches when i decide i want an expensive new rifle and we dont live off credit either.....the vast majority of stuff is paid for straight out of our checking account, either through checks or a Visa "credit card" linked to the checking account......some months are tight, others there is surplus that gets dumped in to savings.....and you also figure there is one teenager and one soon to be teenager sharing the house with us....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live off credit either, my old roommate showed me how bad that can be by his example having to weasle $ out of his dad to pay the rent and car insurance. He'd do his grocery/liqour shopping with his visa... My debt is built on my card from sudden things which I can't afford (car engine fire, alternator, etc). Since I'm single so it just takes a lot longer to pay stuff off, when multiple things occur it takes even longer.

Anyway, you have to have decent insurance to begin with, which my job does not. Which is why I would have jumped as soon as the public option was up and enrollment was open. The news always harps about the uninsured people but there are also people like me with insurance that isn't worth having in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if yah can swing it, start throwing money in a medical savings account, you can toss pre-tax dollars into there and if yah only ever use them to pay medical bills you dont have to pay taxes on that money(atleast i think its a nation wide thing and not just MT state stuff......the wife does our tax stuff)....use that to pay normal doc and dentist visits and only carry the cheap major medical insurance that only kicks in after you have paid $5,000-$10,000 out of pocket towards stuff......actually i think this is a better option for normally healthy ppl over regular health insurance.....we are slowly working our way towards for ourselves.....even now with regular ok health insurance, we run a couple grand a year through the medical savings account for the oddball dentist, eye doc and some medical stuff thats no covered by the insurance........

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

a major cost of our health care as a nation that is not a major issue with any nation that has any sort of government sponsored health care is the HUGE number if illegal immigrants in our country and the drain they are on the system....i really think this issue needs to be addressed long before we start offering tax payer sponsered health care for the masses of legal citizens.....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. If you dig into why California is broke you will find it is because it gives money to those who should never have qualified for it in the first place. This is what happens when you have a program that pays out more than is put in.

In business the company goes bankrupt and out of business. What of government? Money is a real thing, governments just can't print it. That causes inflation which makes the money worth less and the amount borrowed from other countries go up.

Healthcare is a touchy issue and everyone agrees that something must be done. But having big brother come in to save the day is not what I would have in mind. Given thier previous track record, I would prefer them to stay out of the social program business until they can come up with a sustainable one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast