Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No public health care = no change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In business the company goes bankrupt and out of business. What of government? Money is a real thing, governments just can't print it. That causes inflation which makes the money worth less and the amount borrowed from other countries go up.
    you REALLY havent been paying much attention to what the US gov't has been doing the last few years......where do you think the bail out money came from? the cash for clunkers program? its cause the US gov't has the printing presses and our money is not linked to how much presious metals we have in a vault
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey we finally agree on something!

(though the conclusions we draw from this "revelation" will be different... )

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time out of country. While specific examples can be made both pro and con what we have to look at is the big picture. Exactly how does our system compare to other nations in the world both developed and under developed.

I can tell you from my personal experience is that our system is severly broken and an embarrasement. But lets look at just some the data

First, from the CIA world fact book

Topic: Infant Mortality
    The USA ranks 180... worse then Canada, Australia, New Zealand, European Union, United Kingdom

World's Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems
    The USA ranks 37th, we come in between Costa Rica and Slovenia. Of the previously mentioned countries only New Zealand comes in ranked worse

Life Expectency by Country (Geographic.org)
    USA ranks 24th, We come in between Israel and Cyprus

Percent of GDP spent on health care (the world fact book)
    USA ranks #2, behind only the Marshall Islands

and it doesnt get any better...ive been in other countries and seen the same meds we have here, made by the exact same company in probably the exact same factory cost far less then we pay here.

Our medical system isnt only broke, its killing us

Just my 2cents,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the infant mortality rate numbers are wrong......your not comparing apples to apples the US counts EVERY SINGLE birth, including still births....i believe in Canada they have to live for 24 hours before they start counting them for stats....

and once again these other countries you speak of generally dont have over 10 million illegal imigrants living in their country......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not my numbers rattler, its our CIA

When i was in sydney australia, the reports at that time was almost 300,000 immigrants in just the city itself, when i was in Germany the talk was how in 20 yrs the "Germans" will be the minority
    then you have the immigrant crisis in France.. etc etc etc

so I'm sorry mate but what you say and what ive seen dont really match on the immigtant issue,

But if your personal experiences have been different then mine, then feel free to correct me... my experiences are definitely not all inclusive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where in the hell do the CIA get their numbers? do they have ppl in every hospital counting the births? no they go by the reported numbers....in Canada its not considered a birth for infant mortality statistics until its lived for atleast 24 hours.....in the US they report every single birth....whether the infant was born alive or a still birth....all of them are counted towards infant mortality.....if you add up all the still births and complications leadint to death in the first 24 hours, Canada's infant mortality would be similar to ours....

and im not talking immigrants....im talking ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are here and because they are illegal are not contributing tax wise other than on sales taxes.......cause they are here illegally and work for cash under the table and dont fill out W2's.........not to mention the US's higher degree of TB and such compared to the western world is also due to these immigrants.....hell leprosy is becoming common in a couple areas due to the high concentrations of illegal immigrants in some areas....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been paying attention, that is why I bring it up.

When there is nothing backing currency, the only thing that determines it's value is supply and demand. The more the supply the less the demand. The less the demand the lower the value. The less the value of the dollar the less materiels you can buy with a dollar on the global market hence the more $/item you have to pay. That is inflation. Printing money doesn't solve the issue because it devalues the money even more.

Hence my response, you can't just print money... that causes inflation. Which doesn't really solve anything. It is just a way to shift wealth to the printers of the new money as it causes the value of the money in circulation already to decrease. I guess I should have said shouldn't and not can't.

If you want to loosely paraphrase the situation, it is a way for the government to tax you further as they are sucking the value from the money you get to keep and transferring it to the new money just printed.

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    you REALLY havent been paying much attention to what the US gov't has been doing the last few years......where do you think the bail out money came from? the cash for clunkers program? its cause the US gov't has the printing presses and our money is not linked to how much presious metals we have in a vault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given the US Government has been spending more money than they take in for YEARS....just where do you think this money comes from if they arent printing it without backing of precious metals? they just havent done it to a point yet where its caused major inflation.....mainly cause the majority of it so far has just been money on paper and not actual bills changing hands.....if everyone called in their debts there would not be enough cash in the system to do it......
    cervid serial killer

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast