Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No public health care = no change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No public health care = no change

http://www.myembarq.com/news/read.ph...&cps=0&lang=en

Well because of lies and BS we middle class workers still won't be able to go to doctor after all as the dems have now pulled the public health care option out of the health care reform bill. You'll still be able to get care if you're homeless or rich. But if you make 10-35K a year you're still screwed, just like now. They say "health co-operatives" now and the gop are ok with that and so the fight is essentially over. Take a look online at what's available for health care coops. Six clinics in one state (WI)... So just like now, I'll still be able to pay a premium and still not be able to go to a doctor or dentist. But at least someone will still be able to collect $40 - $80 a month from and still let us die, should we eventually get real sick, you know the drill: "bye!"

We can thank the money grubbing jesus freak politicians and their "loving compassion" for doing away with any chance of the lower middle class getting health care. I just don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my rotten abscessed teeth and bad back. "Dear god Obama wants to drill my cavities!"

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anybody seen coverage of the 450,00 that showed up for the free health clinic held in LA last week? They literaly were oveflowed with humans needing medical attention ranging from cavities to terminal cancer.

The GOP totaly ****ed over America with this one. People are in dire need of just a little medical attention, and they feel the the need to deny millions help in order to have a "victory" over Obama. Congrats guys, hope it was worth it.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh come on! Honestly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not meaning to incite a riot but just wanted to point out that unless we rewrite the constitution it is not the job of the state (federal government) to provide healtcare.

Also, if you want real reform, you should have caps on what hospitals can charge for a procedure. There is a lot of fleecing in the healtcare business along with bureaucracy. That is what makes it so expensive. I recently paid 1200 dollars for an ultrasound. Are you kidding me!?! My HS and college sports trainer facilitated them regularly. The machines are not all that expensive and does not require a doctor to administer them.

Prices should be capped because healthcare is a unique business. You want to live so you will do whatever a doctor says in order to do that. They have you by the ... well let's just say they got you in a unique position that allows them to currently charge whatever they want. If you notice cost is never mentioned in any procedure. You, as a responsible consumer can and should ask what something costs and ask if it is really necessary. You would never buy a car and not know the price. Why would you do the same for a doctors visit?

It turns out my ultrasound that I paid 1200 dollars for wasn't necessary. My regular doctor was out the day I made the appt and the younger physican is the one who ordered it. Not knowing I had high deductible. My regular physician told me in my follow up visit that more or less it really wasn't necessary. I was a little disgruntled for the 1200 dollar bill in the first place since I have high deductable, this caused me to switch physicians and always ask what something will cost and is it really needed in the future.

You as a consumer have the right to ask what something will cost you and if it is needed. My belief is that doctors and hospitals are given too much slack when it comes to ordering tests, and such and how much they charge.

Swords,

You will never see the middle class widely included in any social program. They are by definition, the median of our society and thus the majority. If you implement a program giving capital away to the majority of your citizens, you come up with a losing situation. That is unless you want to trade quality for quantity. No matter who promises it, it will never happen. And if it ever does, it will ultimately be a large pyramid scheme as it takes money to move money around and give it back to the ones who gave it in the first place. Simple mathematics.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! Steven Magee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The GOP totaly ****ed over America with this one. People are in dire need of just a little medical attention, and they feel the the need to deny millions help in order to have a "victory" over Obama. Congrats guys, hope it was worth it."

I can see what you are getting at Frankie, but have you seen how "universal" healthcare works in most other countries? It is not very effective. Also, do you know why doctors get paid so much in the US? It is because they are the BEST IN THE WORLD. Top students from around the world (especially India) train to become doctors, and when it is realized that they are much brighter than their peers, they come to america to practice medicine. Not only that, but in countries where they have a government healthcare program it can take MONTHS to see the doctors. Many of them aren't even good doctors by our standards. I spoke to a man a couple months back when I was a work, he and his mother were from canada. She needed to see a doctor because her head was bothering her, four months later she managed to get in. Although by that time it was much worse than a headache, it was brain cancer, and it was no longer curable. One final note on this topic, and it basically sums up my point. If we did have a government sponsored health program, all the good doctors would privatize their practices, the end result being that you would have to wait months, just to see a sub-par doctor. Sounds pretty bad to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having experienced Universal healthcare personally, it's been effective enough to provide me with all of the surgeries I have ever needed, and all and any of the doctor visitations anyone I have ever known under such a program has ever needed... Waiting 24hrs in the ER is complete BS. I never waited any longer in the a US waiting room then in a a European waiting room.... My doctor may not have been the 'Best in the world' but he was able to do everything and anything surgically that needed to be done and I have not had to go back for any problems 13 yrs down the road...
    Health care is a right, not a privilege.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    I recently paid 1200 dollars for an ultrasound. Are you kidding me!?!
    I know what you mean. A few months ago I slipped and hit my head and had to go to the ER. The cost of a MRI + xrays came out to over $7k. Luckily I only had to pay $200 as my health insurance covered the rest. The only problem is in a few months I'm going to have to drop my insurance since they want to increase my cost by $600 more a month to cover me.

I guess the moral of the story is; next time I'll just have to sleep it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree... I am saddened by the epic failure of Dems to do what needs to get done (not just health insurance reform, but other areas where they fail to be progressive enough for me)... almost makes me want my vote for Obama back... but that is neither here nor there.

On the forums here, let's do what most of our fellow Americans have failed to do at the Town Halls and have a CIVIL and INTELLIGENT debate on this. Political discussions here can be iffy, and shouting matches won't fly and won't end well... So let's keep it civil.

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast