What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket Playing Games With Me

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I'm uploading pictures from the camera to the computer and downloading from the computer to Photobucket. For some reason, it shows a picture of something previously downloaded in place of the one that I intended. I can see one picture when I go to name it and see another when it appears in the album. Why is that and how do I fix it?

For example, I an attempting to download a Devil's Claw picture. It is the only picture in the "My Pictures" folder. Instead, it shows a picture of a sundew that I already have on the album.

Picture001-19.jpg

I've tried deleting and starting over but it still thinks it should be downloading a different picture.

Actually, in this case, it is showing the correct picture, here, but it is showing a sundew in the album.

I think its a thumbnail thing..
sometimes photobucket gets thumbnails screwed up, but the actual, full-size photo is correct..

So photobucket probably actually has the correct photo..but they are showing you the wrong thumbnail
in the preview area..

a way to "fool" photoshop is to rename the photo, then upload it again..
then photobucket thinks it a brand new photo it has never seen before..

take your photo named Picture001-19.jpg, rename it to Picture001-19b.jpg (or whatever)
(or copy it, then re-name the copy)
(rename it on your computer, not in photobucket)
then try uploading the 2nd version to photobucket..I bet it will be ok!

Scot

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

I'm uploading pictures from the camera to the computer and downloading from the computer to Photobucket.

Actually, you are downloading pictures from the camera to the computer and uploading from the computer to Photobucket.! ;)

Scot

Photobucket is an awful site, Flickr is much nicer.

Photobucket is an awful site, Flickr is much nicer.

I second this.

Or if you just want a place for hosting and nothing else, imageshack.us is pretty good. The imagshack toolbar is really handy.

Jason

...I know this is an off topic question, but what is that Sarracenia behind the Devil's Claw? I have a similar unknown Sarracenia. :x

So, it's showing the wrong picture on photobucket? Try this: While on the page that the image is "wrong" hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R. I'm thinking it's your browser's cache that is messing up and showing the wrong image...

Andrew

Photobucket is MUCH better than imageshack..
imageshack deletes your photos after a period of time!
6 months to a year, they just disappear..

check it out:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/SW1/SW1-page2.html

I didnt remove those pics..imageshack did.
no idea why, I was never a big user, so im sure its not a bandwidth thing..
I think they just put an experiation date on photos..
those pics werent up long before they disappeared..less than a year..

I switched to photobucket a few years ago..no problems.

and photoshack is good because they allow you to imbed photos directly into forum posts and webpages..
im not sure if Flickr allows that..

IMO, photoshack is the best all-around image host.

Scot

Capensis: S. excellens

Scot & Andrew: Thanks for the tips!

Wow. Is that a specific clone of S. x excellens? Mine looks exactly like that...Except it's younger.

I have no idea. It cam to me as a flava coppertop and then was ID's as possible a ladies in waiting and finally the consensus was that of excellens.

I dont think its a pure S. excellens..
S. excellens might make up a majority of its genes, but something else is going on there..
I dont think a pure excellens would ever get that red..

Looks more like 'ladies in waiting' to me..although the shape isnt right right..

it has the shape of 'excellens' but the coloration of 'ladies'..it might not be either.

Scot

Here we go again! It's an um.... American pitcher plant!

Back