What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to meet Stewart McPherson!

schloaty

Staff member
Hey everyone,

The NECPS was priviledged to be the benfactors of a book signing an presentation from Stewart McPherson this Sunday past!

He accompanied us around a couple of bogs in Massachusetts, then signed his books for us. Awesome.

There were actually TWO presentations - one about his recent forrays into the Phillipines and New Guinnea, then one about his treks to the plateaus of Venezuela.

What an unbeleivable treat!

Woo hoo! Thanks Stew for coming to our little circus and providing some enlightenment.

Cool.

I think I saw him at the ICPS conference in Frostburg MD in 2006. I had no idea who he was until I got his books and saw his picture.
His books are great.

definitely an amazing, amazing day!! It was absolutely incredible meeting Stewart and Jeremiah and spending the whole day immersed in CPs! Even though I had to miss the bog walk, spending all day checking out plants and talking about plants and listening to the incredible lectures was just awesome.

Not to mention the NECPS show is coming up in a mere 26 days...!! Being a total newbie compared to some of these amazing growers, I'm always so inspired when I see the amazing plants at the show and at this past meeting. Is it possible to overdose on excitement about CPs? I'm probably getting close!!

I agree it was an amazing day! I thought the lectures were fantastic. It was good to see all the NECPS members who went, to see Jeremiah again and to meet Stewart.

Yep; 5 new Heliamphora species, and one like sarracenia! Definately an awesome experiance. - not NECPS, but LACPs.

Back