User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Archer's

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Archer's

I just wanted to show off a bow i build for my step-son. Here are a few pic's
    made of Red Elm 69" 45#'s @ 28". sorry bow talk there lol . the string is made out of hemp fiber.

an we went Squirrel hunting this morning an we had a blast here are a few pic's

A cricket Frog

Toad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that spider is HUGE!! Makes a wolf spider look like a joke haha
    Cool bow though, I've always wanted to get into archery!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any photos of squirrels. Have you had success hunting them with a bow? I guess you have to be careful lining up the shot so you don't nail them onto a branch 20 ft in the air.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes we got one but dont think it was or is appropriate to show here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    define appropriate......ive posted "trophy" shots before.....but i leave out any that show unnecessary blood and the like....if the arrow decapitated the squirrel i might pass on this board.....neat entry wound, not to gory? go ahead.....ive gotten more grief here for branding pics than hunting pics.....some ppl cant seem to handle seeing where their burger comes from

as far as archery, ive gone through the bowhunters ed classes to be able to bowhunt big game in Montana....havent done it yet as i havent had sufficient time to practice to make me confident with a bow....have alot of irons in the fire as is.......main quarry i want with a bow though isnt deer or elk.....i want to take a paddlefish with a bow.....50-170 pound plankton eating cartilaginous fish in the Mississippi River drainage......want to take one of those with a bow more than any horned critter.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get Paddlefish pups at World of Fish! Probly wouldn't be any fun shooting it in a fishtank though!

When I was a kid I had a bow that was almost as tall as I was, don't know what kind that is but I did nearly kill a friend with it. Good thing he could move fast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really? short of a full blown public aquarium i can immagine keeping them.....no way you could house one as an adult......im pretty sure if i flooded my 900 square foot basement 5 foot deep i MIGHT have enough water to consider keeping one......a 65#'er can open its mouth bigger than a basketball.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was quite surprised to see them and had to ask what the shop was doing with them. I couldn't even believe my eyes at first, then I thought "you know they probly aren't legal either". The kid at the shop claimed they were captive bred "in some rich guys pool" but I rather doubted it cos their snouts were pretty banged up, which leads me to believe they were not used to being in aquariums. They were about 6-8" long when I saw them, very cool but how much Brine shrimp would you have to breed to feed a plankton eating 200 lb "shark" ?

(I know not quite a shark but it gives people that impression)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast