What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow Jacket vs. Redbug [VIDEO]

• Thread starter TENroaches
  • Start date
cool! mine doesn't look nearly as good.

Nearly every pitcher has yellow jackets and I have only witnessed one actually slip to their demise. Once in awhile I flick the top of the pitcher to help the plant. That doesn't work and antagonizes the bee!

Just wait until he chews his way out and ruins your pitcher. Happened to me many times.

Just wait until he chews his way out and ruins your pitcher. Happened to me many times.

The bee got away in this case, so he won't be eating out of my pitcher. The one that I did show in the other pitcher I cracked wasn't moving. Probably dead already.

Want to see the most unlucky wasp I've ever seen? This guy didn't have a chance.

l_539e044e08d84951b831976708ff88c9.jpg

Want to see the most unlucky wasp I've ever seen? This guy didn't have a chance.

Now see, with that kind of spectacular interactions, why arent there any BBC documentaries or Discovery documentaries on CPs. Planet Earth had a small piece on Neps and I've seen the David Attenborough Sundew clip but I'm talking about a full length nothing but CP docmentary. Man would I pay for that!

Awesome pic Ozzy, that's really the unluckiest SOB XD

I always love hearing buzzing coming from my pitchers! Good video!

Back