User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am angry with mod's whom discriminate!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Noddy- many newbies have traded here... From games to shoes to normal household plants.... you name it, it's been offered!
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must understand it is not discriminatory, but rather, AGAINST THE LAW for anyone here in the USA to ship you plants and or seeds without the correct documentation and it is illegal in the same way for you to trade me something from outside the USA without having all the paperwork. It's not the hobbyists fault, the governments of the world have set up these rules in something called Customs which inspects packages at the international mail ports. The customs people are the law when it comes to shipping, everything has to be on the "up and up". Many hobbyists don't have the time/money to devote to the necessary permits and paperwork required for international trade in plant material.

If/When a package containing live plants is confiscated at customs without proper documentation the person receiving it can be fined a lot of money if the paper work is not correct, missing or the package is labeled incorrectly to hide the actual contents. One guy here received two Nepenthes shipped/packaged improperly and it cost him $10,000 in fines - no kidding. It's quite nice the mods are looking out for everyone so nobody else gets saddled with that sort of thing, instead of screaming you should be thankful for their help and suggestions on obtaining the plants you desire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh...this thread is because you violated the rules, right? And since you're a newbie, you think that excuses it? Well it doesn't, and I would suggest giving an apology to Andrew for this, and taking back what you've said.

First of all, the rules do not discriminate against newbies, they are for everyone. If everyone was allowed to post 'want to buy' this and 'want to sell' this, how do you think this forum would still exist?! No one would buy from Flytrapshop.com and support it.

Secondly, why make this public? If you have a problem, talk to the Mods.
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I guess since this is public and I've left the topic open (for now) I should give a brief of what the problem is...

Noddy posted a want to buy topic, I deleted it and PMd him about the rules and gave suggestions on how to obtain the plant correctly (somewhere that allows it and in a legal manner since he is in the UK) and here we are.

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agreed Swords. I dont think nobody here wants to end up paying $10,000 usd to ship someone a plant like a Ventricosa, lol. Especially in this economy. That would be 1 expensive Ventricosa.I thank the Mods and Admin who are looking out for us.
    Laws are Laws. So deal with it. Be a Man. Its only a Plant. Its not like its Life saving Medicine. Not trying to offend you buddy. But seriously. Take every ones Advice and Chill out man. Were all wise here and don't want to get into trouble for something as simple as a plant.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one Nep-loving member a few years back found the full extent of the law out the hard way, but I can't recall their handle. It cost dearly, for the plants were paid for, then confiscated and destroyed leaving a massive fine in their wake
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noddy, must we stress that it is illegal to send overseas? And also, for trading, you do not have to be rich in plants. You can trade just about anything, but one thing you can do is buy a plant to trade later(make sure it is in good condition). I was trying to get quantites of ten sarracenias before winter, but now it's not going to happen because it's too late in the season.. You can trade for plants of equal value WHERE IT IS LEGAL. you can also buy from some websites.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mabudon View Post
    one Nep-loving member a few years back found the full extent of the law out the hard way, but I can't recall their handle. It cost dearly, for the plants were paid for, then confiscated and destroyed leaving a massive fine in their wake

he is still a participating member here, he may chime in when he sees this......

as for the original post, complaining that yah got nailed for breaking the rules is pretty childish.....

bout it not being fair because you dont have plants to trade....as someone has pointed out nothing says it has to be a CP for CP trade.....ive traded everything from rocks to books to various other things for plants....orchids for cp's.....cp's for orchids....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast