Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CP Article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frilleon View Post
    I thought it was a great article! It's a shame a few stupid people ruin the chance for everyone to have some amazing plants! If he mass produced those the value to steal would disappear!
    Frilleon are you saying your mad at Robert Sacilotto, a.k.a. the Bog Man?
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no. not at all! I'm really mad at the few people whom stole the plants that he gave away. Which in turn had "The Bob Man" not wanting to distribute the amazing plants he has! I was saying those few thieves ruined it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by justjack View Post
    Frilleon are you saying your mad at Robert Sacilotto, a.k.a. the Bog Man?
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article mentioned Botanique, that's the same name as on the back of the Death Cubes at Lowe's, isn't it?(was this violating the 'no other nurseries' rule? If it was, I'm really sorry Mods!)

Aslan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frilleon View Post
    no. not at all! I'm really mad at the few people whom stole the plants that he gave away. Which in turn had "The Bob Man" not wanting to distribute the amazing plants he has! I was saying those few thieves ruined it for the rest of us.
    Right on! I'm wishing like heck he could overcome fear and get with some TC people,
    make some babies! If he did this whilst still growing the plant out to produce seed and all...
    Well I might get a little over-excited!
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just outta curiousity, does any one have an idea what that $10,000 plant is?

Is it the N. kinabaluensis that they mention at the end?

Hope his botanical garden works out. He should charge admission and have a garden shop at the end of his garden to sell his CP's and hopefully that will be able to support his hobby and his family.

Good Luck to him.

E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justjack View Post
    Right on! I'm wishing like heck he could overcome fear and get with some TC people,
    make some babies! If he did this whilst still growing the plant out to produce seed and all...
    Well I might get a little over-excited!
    the jist i got from the story is he has usually one or two examples of plants such as the N. edwardsiana in which case reguardless of iff he wanted to or not there really wont be much of any material to pass out....what there is with the neps will be cuttings.....TC doesnt come into the picture with neps unless yah have seeds....

given the breakins in the not so distant past of Tony and others i cant say that i blaim "The Bog Man".....i kinda like the fact i live in BFE a long ways from other enthusiasts......the internet and occasional arrainged visits work fine for me, would almost hate to have a setup like most the nurseries where it aint hard for ppl to figure out where your plants are........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entwadumela View Post
    Just outta curiousity, does any one have an idea what that $10,000 plant is?
    where? i couldnt find that in the article. wouldnt surprise me though considering its the only one in cultivation in the world.

i dont blame him for the secrecy. like rattler said, there have been way too many thefts here recently and seeing how rare Bog Man's collection is, he needs all the secrecy he can get! kinabaluensis and that beautiful edwardsiana are reasons enough. what i would give to see his plants...

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12