What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Article

Wow, I guess he's one of the few people with a mature edwardsiana...
I'm a bit concerned about the secrecy of his bogs now that his story's been published.

I thought it was a great article! It's a shame a few stupid people ruin the chance for everyone to have some amazing plants! If he mass produced those the value to steal would disappear!

Wow great article, thank you for sharing that. It's a great read and the pictures are wonderful! That edwardsiana really has some size to it.

Thanks for sharing the article. Rob's greenhouse was my 1st exposure to a greenhouse sunk into the ground to use the earth's thermal mass for moderating the summer/winter extremes. While I've studied this concept for homes, for reasons unknown to me, it hadn't occurred to apply those same ideas to a greenhouse - where they're even more useful. :crazy: (the sunken aspect is more visible in pic #6/21).

I hope he succeeds with his efforts.

Thanks for the link. I stopped by Rob and Butch's spot a few weeks ago. Its good to hear the back story with all the sordid details. There's always a story...

Since the article is published in Garden and Gun secrecy may not be an issue.

Since the article is published in Garden and Gun secrecy may not be an issue.

Secrecy?????We don't need no stinkin' secrecy...

We've got our own security standard in all greenhouses :)

I thought it was a great article! It's a shame a few stupid people ruin the chance for everyone to have some amazing plants! If he mass produced those the value to steal would disappear!

Frilleon are you saying your mad at Robert Sacilotto, a.k.a. the Bog Man?

no. not at all! I'm really mad at the few people whom stole the plants that he gave away. Which in turn had "The Bob Man" not wanting to distribute the amazing plants he has! I was saying those few thieves ruined it for the rest of us.

Frilleon are you saying your mad at Robert Sacilotto, a.k.a. the Bog Man?

The article mentioned Botanique, that's the same name as on the back of the Death Cubes at Lowe's, isn't it?(was this violating the 'no other nurseries' rule? If it was, I'm really sorry Mods!)

Aslan

no. not at all! I'm really mad at the few people whom stole the plants that he gave away. Which in turn had "The Bob Man" not wanting to distribute the amazing plants he has! I was saying those few thieves ruined it for the rest of us.

Right on! I'm wishing like heck he could overcome fear and get with some TC people,
make some babies! If he did this whilst still growing the plant out to produce seed and all...
Well I might get a little over-excited!

Just outta curiousity, does any one have an idea what that $10,000 plant is?

Is it the N. kinabaluensis that they mention at the end?

Hope his botanical garden works out. He should charge admission and have a garden shop at the end of his garden to sell his CP's and hopefully that will be able to support his hobby and his family.

Good Luck to him.

E

Right on! I'm wishing like heck he could overcome fear and get with some TC people,
make some babies! If he did this whilst still growing the plant out to produce seed and all...
Well I might get a little over-excited!

the jist i got from the story is he has usually one or two examples of plants such as the N. edwardsiana in which case reguardless of iff he wanted to or not there really wont be much of any material to pass out....what there is with the neps will be cuttings.....TC doesnt come into the picture with neps unless yah have seeds....

given the breakins in the not so distant past of Tony and others i cant say that i blaim "The Bog Man".....i kinda like the fact i live in BFE a long ways from other enthusiasts......the internet and occasional arrainged visits work fine for me, would almost hate to have a setup like most the nurseries where it aint hard for ppl to figure out where your plants are........

Just outta curiousity, does any one have an idea what that $10,000 plant is?

where? i couldnt find that in the article. wouldnt surprise me though considering its the only one in cultivation in the world.

i dont blame him for the secrecy. like rattler said, there have been way too many thefts here recently and seeing how rare Bog Man's collection is, he needs all the secrecy he can get! kinabaluensis and that beautiful edwardsiana are reasons enough. what i would give to see his plants...

Alex

Back