Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 200$ gift card to bestbuy, so i thought why not? Then I made it 279.99 from the 299.99 because I searched and walmart had it for 279.99... online and it also said "prices vary in stores" :P wow that customer service at best buy shure can't read.
    Idk. i've decided to keep it, I can always buy a digital camera like seedjar said.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F R e N c H 3 z View Post
    To each his own I guess. When I had a problem with my HP laptop overheating, HP promptly replaced my laptop with free upgrades. They sent me a new laptop with an extra Gb in Ram and extra 120 Gb in HD space. I am glad that at least some people have had better luck with them and they stand by their insurance plan in some cases. It just didnt happen to be the case for my roomates.
    Funny how people's experiences differ so widely. I've had generally good customer service from Apple (with the exception of one needless delay in my last order from them, as they decided to ship my it from a warehouse in China instead of their California office, where the products were also in stock.) But I've never had a good experience with HP; the printers I've bought from them have pretty much all died before even getting through the first ink cartridge, and literally every box of HP products I've ever opened has had parts missing. (Gee, this printer sure would be nice if it came with a power supply.) I went through four months of calls to their support line in India just to get the USB cable and memory card that my camera was supposed to come with, and they ended up sending me a card that was 1/4 the capacity of the one advertised on the box. When I finally got the package and called to correct them, they told me that they had no record of my previous service calls and that it had been too long since I purchased the camera to make a dispute.
    ~Joe

PS - Apple's basic warrantees are indeed very limited - they really want you to buy AppleCare. But if you do, they'll fix almost anything for you. My friend spilled a bottle of wine (not just a splash; pretty much the whole bottle) on his MacBook Pro and they replaced it without a hitch. He even got a newer model out of it. My first-generation iPod developed a power problem a few months after I got it, and even without AppleCare they replaced it with very little fuss. (It was actually sort of my fault; it started randomly running out of power after I knocked the headphone jack really hard. There was a design flaw that allowed the audio out to short-circuit if the jack casing started to crack, which apparently fouled up the battery manager.) I think you have 90 days to buy a plan after purchase - I'm almost certain it's longer than 30.
    Also, thank you for the compliment, Halt. Writing is one skill of mine that I've worked on longer than pretty much all the rest, but I don't do a whole lot anymore, so it's nice to be appreciated.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw a commercial that iPod Nano now records video. The quality looks pretty good too. I don't know if it does still shots though. That may sway your decision, but I have a iPod touch and I don't miss a camera feature, it still does a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol short and simple, its all about Zune ;D
    ive got the original 30 gig, never had a problem with it....its been run over by my mothers Cadillac twice lmao and not even so much as a crack in the screen or case....its an indestructible brick.....however when i had the original iPod and the next couple of gens after that, they broke so easy...im rather rough with my MP3 players since i constantly go for runs or climbs etc....
    Zune HD is next for me to get
    not to mention Zune frequently updates their software

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i don't see why people need like 10mp camera, that's huge! like big poster size huge. and i have an iphone, and i'm amazed by the quality of the picture compared to at least 4 other phones with higher megapixel, i've even compared it with a blackberry, the picture that an iphone take is good unless you want to go professional. if it cost the same, but have an extra feature. why get the one without the extra feature? and the camera will probably be out soon, i'm guessing next year. i bought an iphone 3g, not knowing that the newer version of the phone will come out 29 days after. got it replaced with a 3gs, the speed is awesome, i'd say twice as fast as the 3g, and i upgraded from the 16gb to 32gb without having to pay anything much, other than the restocking fee.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no real reason for a 10MP camera unless your doing professional work or doing alot of cropping......but it aint a major plus that something has a camera feature unless its a 5MP and has a lens big enough to pull in decent light.....a 3 will work if its all yah got on yah, ive got a 3 on my phone and took a pic for the paper with it tonight cause its what i had on me but the quality needed for a B&W photo on newsprint is pretty low.....i refuse to shoot my plants with my camera phone......its worthless for that......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought the 5G nano just 2 days ago. personally for the size, the camera is actually very nice. it doesn't technically take pictures. but i was very surprised with the quality of the video. i think im going to like it

i have only had 2 mp3 players. both ipods. the first gen nano and now the 5th. i had the 1st gen all the way up untill july when i dropped it in a puddle while it was still on. that thing has been washed countless times and dropped and stepped on and it was still great. i got it the november after it came out.

i like apple and i equally like PC/windows. ive never had a mac but in my opinion they aren't worth what you pay for. features are nice and they organize pretty well. but the memory capacity isnt very good, for the notebooks anyways.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just upgraded to the iPhone 3GS (I've had the two previous models) I can't say enough good things about the 3mp camera. I just took it up camping for a few days and here are a few shots with the 3GS.

This was the first time I have taken any photos with the 3GS as you can see they came out really well. Its not going to replace my Nikon D70 anytime soon but man, for ease of use its hard to beat. All the photos have been re-sized from 2048 x 1536 down to 600 x 450.

See ya,
    -Jeremiah-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12