User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fined / Jailed for not having insurance: are they insane?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fined / Jailed for not having insurance: are they insane?

I was all for the option of everyone having insurance, either a public option or forcing companies to allow anyone to sign up IF THEY WANT TO. But now the maniacs on capital hill have decided they want to create an individual mandate to fine people who end up getting laid off and not having money to buy insurance. Or if you are employed they want you to spend 13% of your wages on insurance. I can't pay that much. Of course if you can't pay the premiums or the fine then you'll wind up in jail.

I don't think even George Orwell could have predicted jailing sick poor people.

Yes we can - kill the poor!

Absolutely unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    granted he is from Montana but please keep in mind i didnt vote for the guy.....he torqued me off his last run through.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [sarcasm] people who don't want to pay for their health don't deserve to live, Josh, you know this[/sarcasm]
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't just Bacchus' bill, I found out last night that all 5 or 6 of them have these "individual mandate" fines hidden in them. I'm all for people having the option but being forced into it or be fined/jailed is a whole other matter.

There's gotta be some member here from MA where this insanity has already been in operation. I'd like to hear from them what that's like in this economy. I suppose there's not many poor people in MA anymore eh? I wonder where we'll all go when it becomes federal law... running the border into mexico? At least it's probably warm there!

I'm the only employed person out of my immediate 4 neighbors and I just escaped the layoffs at my job last month but we've got at least a 2 year wage freeze.

Hey Mabudon, you know I voted for this guy cos he said he would never impose an individual mandate but he's totally has dropped the headstone on the poor with this one. I knew America was in bed with big business but this is totally ridiculous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going to Jail then. I dont have insurance. Looks like I'll have to stay under the Radar.

Is this only in MA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've heard that only MA has an individual state mandate going. They are calling that "reform". It'll reform America all right! America will truly be the richest country in the world cos no poor/uninsured people will even be able to exist in the country legally. No matter where you were born.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me you're getting your undershorts in a wad for the wrong reasons. Yes, it is a bad idea but this proposal and many others are not even in the bill stage yet.

And despite what the previous administration and some of the Federalists on the Supreme Court may think the Executive Branch does not make laws.

Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I hadn't heard of this. I wonder what the motive is. It certainly isn't freedom they are describing here. It sounds like a well layed out plan in which seems harmless at the time. The problem is when big business decides to stop offering benefits such as healthcare, you will be left with only one choice which is state run healthcare. Either that or be considered a criminal.

Isn't statism grand!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast