Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of an era

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to you in your upcoming adventure! Apartments aren't actually too bad for having plants, it's all I've known. You've just gotta get setup and then work out what you can do to change the climate in the immediate grow area/grow chamber to eliminate the dreaded "apartment atmosphere" (too warm & too dry).

I hope we'll still be seeing you around regardless!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Pyro. You are truly one of the people I admire most in this forum.

I have found that sometimes the greatest opportunities can come disguised as what seems to be tragedy.

Some years ago, my father worked at a position for 20 years. The company he worked for went out of business which forced him to find a new job. He would have worked there another 40 if they let him. But being forced into the market for a job was the best thing for him. He discovered he was grossly underpaid and there were companies out there willing to pay more for his skills, alot more. Needless to say, him being forced to seek new employment was the best thing for him.

I hope a similar fate finds you and that you will see this as a blessing upon reflection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, man, that's unfortunate. :/ Best of luck to you.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck in your future endeavors, Pyro. And although you are not disappearing from terraforums completely, your presence will be missed.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about that Pyro - sounds like an ordeal. But hopefully some good stuff will come out of it. Taking a break from your collection is probably kind of hard but I'm sure it's for the better. (I certainly wouldn't envy you to make an interstate move with it in tow.)
    Keep us updated, and best luck on your search.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, Pyro, I hope all goes well and that you can keep some of your very favorite plants. :/
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll do fine - a lot of us have survived that kind of disruption and without all the education and experience you have to offer. I turned 31 working in a fotomat while trying to get back into the environmental field after moving here. It was a tough year+, but it eventually led to an even better prospect than I had expected.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry to hear this Travis. Please don't be too much of a ghost. This place would just not be the same without you. You've given so much to the forums for all these years.

I've been through the job loss thing before and its hard. Even now I'm on the edge in my job. I've survived one layoff but if there is another...it could be me.

But you will get through it. I know it was terribly hard to dissolve your collection but it can come back to you when you are ready again.

Please don't leave here! Your expertise would be missed!

Good luck!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast