Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of an era

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of an era

Hey all,

I have kept this kind of quiet though some of you have heard rumors...

So... A couple months ago my boss informed me he was taking a new position. Because it was not an academic position he was taking he was not able to move the lab with him. Which meant I needed to find a job in the 2 months I had remaining. And I have spent nearly every day since then on the hunt. As of right now I have two good candidate positions; one is in Texas and the other is in Maryland. Which means, either way, I am moving.

Moving means selling the house and likely living in an apartment for a time. And apartments are not the best place to try and grow 500+ plants... Especially considering the special requirements most of those plants required. As such, I have also spent the better part of the last 2 month dissolving my collection. I am down to about a score of plants right now and may winnow that back to a dozen or so when all is said and done. I have placed the important material I had in the hands of very capable growers, so even if I am unable to return to the hobby they will remain available.

I will still hang out here as I can, posting if I see anything I can contribute to. But I will likely become even more of a shadow than I already am.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the best for you pyro, you've been great to have around here and you've contributed so much, gone out of your way to help someone obtain that plant they have wanted, and above and beyond with give aways as well...I hope all goes well for you with your work, family, and new home...take care man, hope to see you back into the hobby once your settled in, if you do come back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck in your search my friend. When things settle down for you please feel free to get in touch and I'm sure I will have some divisions to go your way. Your a real asset to this forum Pyro, any time you're able to chime in will be a benefit for all of us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck.

I'm sure, in time, you'll be able to find your way back to growing jungles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godspeed and good luck mate, I have a feeling we'll be in contact off an on
    Its time to get a teaching position ya know... the money ikinda sux, but man having the summer off is way cool!

"Everytime I find the meaning of life, they change it"
    Av

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that is a bit of a relief- the last message I got from ya was cryptic enough to make me worried- I am comforted to know that it is a classic case of things going squirrely as so often happens in life- I am sure that your collection will thrive and multiply in the hands of others, and that when you find the time and space to return to the hobby "in force" it will be a simple task to get back to wherever you want to be in short order

Keep it metal Bro, and seriously looking forward to Pyro Mk. II- Return of the Epic that Is

\m/
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck in all that you do! I never got to know you to well but this comunity is so great I felt I should give kind words. This forum is like having a second family! Know there will always be a place for you here no matter where you are in life!
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your downsizing. Let me know if you need some dews to temporarily fill a void. I'm sure there are some here with your name on them.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast