Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Do Not Enjoy My Neighbors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefforever View Post
    I recently switched dorms cause my roommate wouldn't turn off the TV past 1 am even though I had the flu and a test the next day. When I asked and tried to reason with him, he said "Too bad".

HE NEEDED IT ON TO FALL ASLEEP, and often left it on all night, through the morning. Boggles my mind, even though a lot of people think it's normal to behave this way.

I've got a better room now.

Well since you're in the dorms you may not be able to do this but I had a roomate that did the same in his room which was next to mine. Except he had a sound system and always had it cranked up on high. I'd asked him multiple times to either use a timer so that it would shut off by itself or that he remember to get turn it off. He claimed the same thing: "needed it on to fall asleep". Well i got sick of it real quick and turned the TV off myself at 2-3 am once he was asleep. Then he started to lock his door so I went straight to the source! I went to the box and tripped the fuse to his room on and off. That would reset his alarm clock so he'd wake up late and missed or would be late to class. He learned real quick that you don't mess with my sleep time.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seedjar, I am aware of the futile and horrible behaviour of roommates just wondering if Jeff did so, thats why I don't plan moving on campus. But you never know what the world has in store, and I would rather not live with anyone if I had the choice, but unfortunately no one knows,and I mightr be forced too...
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad neighbors? I've had em! The people who used to live in #71 were pimping girls and selling hard drugs and their customers used to break into my car all the time. Almost every night my glove box was dumped out. Now there's a young family there so it's all cool.

For a while there were a couple different guys moving in and out selling weed outta the place below mine. Made my house smell like a skunk 24/7 for a few years. I was always paranoid that the pigs would bust in on me just under suspicion since I was using a ton of power for my 3 huge Nepenthes grow chambers, I look like a freak (sometimes) and with the whole area smelling like weed cos of the guys downstairs smoking up their customers. Every time I'd hear a knock downstairs I'd smell the burning skunk stank a few minutes later coming out of the bathroom vent and the bedroom closet. I don't care if people smoke recreationally (I'd rather they legalize that than alcohol) but when they're dealing you don't just have to put up with them but all their foot traffic as well. Many of whom didn't seem to think twice about putting their cigs out in my outdoor plant pots.

Now there is a deaf guy and his Cambodian wife down stairs so all is calm once again.... And she makes awesome egg rolls!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got middle-aged partiers in the houses around me. They're the worst because I'm younger than them, so they assume it's OK when they party until 3AM because clearly I haven't got anything important going on in my life in the morning because I'm too young to have important things to do *sigh*.

Also, apparently my front yard is everyone's dog's urinal. Can't keep any plants out front, and I totally want to drink my morning coffee watching someone's dog .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL that sucks! They make the dog owners here pay for replanting the spotty yard every spring ($15 each dog each year or something like that) but at least everyone picks up the hard goods now since the complex has started having doggy bags by the dumpsters and on posts by the trails out back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand what a bad neighbor is. For me a bad neighbor is one that lets his dog pee on your grass. (I get revenge)

Stinks though, but I honestly would start yelling at them. I tend to mimic behavior I find annoying back at people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, hard to beat awesome dormies. For 2 years I was in one dorm, no problems other than the occasional sticky note on the bathroom mirror reminding me it was my turn to clean the bathroom....

Then move to the graduate housing intended for quite mature grad students as well as older mature undergrads and get the 5th year undergrad suitemate from hell. Rap music that shook the wall on till 3 am all week long, tv on till 5 am...but at least since I didn't have tv I was up to date with shows like the office, and sadly...american's next top model. **** I didn't even think she went to classes if they started before 10 and I had to be up and at 'em every frigging day for work or classes like a normal human

I'd wake up thinking there was someone in my room at 2:30 am but it was just her and her boyfriend going at it in the shower and then I'd hear the banter and discussion about "no it is big and you use it well". Seriously, she knew I could hear her as though the door was wide open, actually closed it echoed even better, but still...some privacy would be nice...if not for them at least for my sake. Even sleeping with earplugs did nothing but slightly turn the volume down from a shout to normal conversation face-to-face levels. Ahhh it was fantastic to move out...

Now living right next to train track with trains which go through all night and blaze horns anywhere from midnight, 3am 6am, whatever is a treat. I like trains. (Don't be silly of course you love trains...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegedhuman View Post

I'd wake up thinking there was someone in my room at 2:30 am but it was just her and her boyfriend going at it in the shower and then I'd hear the banter and discussion about "no it is big and you use it well".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast