Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Do Not Enjoy My Neighbors

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they being gay has nothing to do with it then why even bring it up? Would we have known otherwise from what you posted?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't have to deal with neighbors, I live out in the woods, although the road in front of the house is pretty busy and I get tired of hearing cars go by all the time.

I do, however, have to deal with the tv at night thing. My husband needs it to fall asleep, and I need it quiet to fall asleep, so I always have to wait until he falls asleep and then I can turn it off. I don't get much sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a TV sleeper too. If it's quiet I just lay there and think about the workings of the universe until I finally give up trying to sleep and get up!

If I have a dvd set to repeat I can go to bed almost as soon as I lay down. I can't have the news on or I'll lay there and listen to it. When I was a kid my grandmother used to live on a farm next to the highway. I always liked sleeping there with the semi trucks downshifting seemed to put me right out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    If they being gay has nothing to do with it then why even bring it up? Would we have known otherwise from what you posted?
    I think his mentioning his neighbors sexual orientation is legitimately contextual.
    He goes on to not include gay anywhere else in his post.
    Personally I can tell you, having a best friend/roommate and his partner living with us,
    there is nothing like cackling drunk queens! Sometimes good, sometimes... not so much.
    I can just imagine the fem of the two, one hand on a hip complaining about the yard. Lol.

At least it's not throbbing base at 3am instead. At least they're not running a meth lab... or puppy mill... or NUDISTS (shudder). It can always be worse, but don't say that out loud.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in an apartment complex, where each building has 8 apartments, 4 on each floor. The way the building is contructed, those on the 2nd flloor partially above the ones on the 1st floor. We can hear each other but it isn't always clear as to who is making the noise. The guy below us has complained about noise coming from us... and I'm reasonably confident the noise was coming from the apartment next to us. He has taken to rapping on his ceiling (our floor) to get our attention. There is no smoking allowed in the buildings and we can smell the cigarette smoke wafting up the stairs. I can't even open up the screen to water my plants or let in cooler air without his smoke, when he's out on his porch, coming into our living room.

Back when I was a freshman in college, my first semester I was thrown into a triple. I had 2 roommates. Back then, smoking was legal and one of these guys smoked in the room. He was also an alcoholic and a burnout. He grew pot on our window sill. The other roommate didn't smoke, but he was an alcoholic. There are more roommate stories....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had lots of neighbors because lots of people pass through this neighborhood. Nobody has been completely awful, but there was one heterosexual guy who would smoke in his driveway just a few feet outside and upwind of our kitchen window. Another straight guy made his living repairing cars in his driveway, so plenty of noise & exhaust drifted over from there. The straight couple on the other side of us used to scream at each other all the time before getting divorced. Oh, and the swarm of 20-something heterosexuals that live in or visit the multifamily house across the street sometimes block our driveway with their cars. All in all, the neighborhood might be improved with more gay people. Unless they're going to critique the way I dress.

By the way, the last house I lived in before leaving Maine to move here had been on a set of rapids on the Penobscot River. Other than for the coldest winter months, I kept my window open at least a crack and the river noise was pretty loud. When I first moved here, we lived in an apartment next to the highway and I swear the sound was almost identical, except for the trucks jake-braking. But I spent much more time fishing in the river than in the highway.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I'm a TV sleeper too. If it's quiet I just lay there and think about the workings of the universe until I finally give up trying to sleep and get up!
    Me too, I feel like I have insomnia if my tv isn't on.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV sleepers are weirdos!!!
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast