What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Do Not Enjoy My Neighbors

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
***Disclaimer: I have nothing against gays, just the way our neighbors act and think about us. :/ ***

My life has been more of a horror story than most for one reason. Our neighbors. They, for the most part, are friendly people that I've known for some of my life. They are nice when they aren't mouthing on about how they hate us.

They are gay, but that has nothing at all to do with it. One of them is constantly yelling at us on how they hate our dirt lawn, while the other remains calm about it and backs him up. They swear non-stop and come back drunk often. They play music very loud at around 3 pm, when I'm not in the mood, because I just get back from school. They yell quite a lot as well and criticize us about all of our projects. They hate the fact that I can't play the violin without messing up a note, that my dad is much to slow in fixing home improvement projects, etc.

They have been historically bad as well. Our house used to be pink, and we painted it green. Shortly afterward, they painted theirs green, too. They repainted a fence white, and splattered all over the car because they didn't want to "bother us to move it". And because we don't have a fence on both sides of the house, they barge through the side that doesn't have a gate, but soon will, and "inspect our backyard".

Do any of you have bad neighbors? Because I'm fed up with mine. :poke:

You don't have Bad Gay Neighbors, you just have Bad Neighbors.

neighbor on one side is a guy i graduated high school with, his wife and two kids.....no problems there.....other side of me is a daycare......wouldnt be bad but the midgets think they need to sacrifice toys to my dogs and ive got shredded toys all over my back yard.......the GSP has popped a couple soccer balls.....

funny as hell watching my 10 pound schipperkee harass the lil kids though....she will parade up and down the fence line looking as nice as can be till bout 3 or 4 of them come up to the fence to look at her and on the last pass by she will take off after them barking up a storm and the kids scatter crying and she will come prancing up to the step all proud of herself....would feel bad about it but the same kids fall for it day after day.....

LOL. That's great, rattler, haha.

Lucky you don't live in a cohousing community with them... I live in one and you know your neighbors too well. It's nice in some ways since you can always borrow stuff and send out community emails asking for things, but then you have the old people complaining about noise within 100 yards of their house. I'd like to see what would happen if people like your neighbors moved in here!
That really sucks though, looks like you got a combination of all the bad neighbor types -- nosy, critical and loud?? What more could you ask for?

funny as hell watching my 10 pound schipperkee harass the lil kids though....she will parade up and down the fence line looking as nice as can be till bout 3 or 4 of them come up to the fence to look at her and on the last pass by she will take off after them barking up a storm and the kids scatter crying and she will come prancing up to the step all proud of herself....would feel bad about it but the same kids fall for it day after day.....

LOL. Seriously?!

i think she has gotten bored with it cause she only does it occasionally now.....or the kids are getting smarter but a few months ago she was doing it 2 or 3 times a day......

haha thats pretty funny, the nebor to the right of us is a couple with 2 kids the wife is somewhat prissy and her mate is a guy who likes to be loud and show off his money by getting more expensive cars. Anyways we keep getting harassed by my nebours kids by them spraying my CP's with the damn hose so i yelled at the kid about 3 times to stop as i don't like kids much i figure hey if ya yell at it maybe ya will scare the kid enough to pee his pants and stop, the dad used to be nice now every time i say hi, I end up getting stared at like i'm the most evil person in the world let alone his wife thought my hubby and I stole something out of her car (her car phone) now why the hell would i cant a car phone when i have a cell?

Sorry to hear that Clue. I have vowed the next house I am buying will be on no less than ten acres with my house in the middle.

People save up all their crazy for special occasions.

Wow, your dog is a comedy genius! Is your fence cyclone or slatted or what? Because I would love to see a video of that, but I can understand how your neighbors probably wouldn't be cool with you getting the kids in the frame. The audio alone would be gold, though.
I formerly had an apartment neighbor who was new to apartments, and apparently raised in a very quiet household. (It was obviously her first time living alone.) Shortly after moving in, I began hearing terrible crashing noises from her apartment above mine, at all hours of the night. At first, I thought she might just be a klutz. After about two weeks the crashing/slamming noises became prolonged stomping/banging, and I began to worry that she might have an abusive boyfriend or something. I called my manager, and learned that apparently she herself was calling in noise complaints. But not about me. (I'm silent like ninja!)
She was calling about the people upstairs. Apparently, when she would hear them, say, close their front door, or run their dishwasher (cheap apartments with paper-thin walls,) her solution was to make as much noise as possible, by stomping on the floor. Never once did she come to talk to me or the people upstairs in person. When it became clear that the managers were getting tired of her nightly complaints, I eventually took to retaliatory harassment in order to expedite matters. The top-floor people would make a little noise, and she would start up a racket. Then, once I noticed that she had gone back to doing whatever she had been doing, I would take my floor lamp with the really heavy base, and give the ceiling one really hard knock from a random corner. (Which would be followed by another 30-second stomping fit.) She was asked to leave at the end of that month. :D
~Joe

its a 4 foot chain link.....

Aw... it would be really hard to get that shot without the kids noticing. What a shame. If you're inclined to hide a camera, I'll gladly fuzz out faces for you so that you can post it on YouTube without worrying about privacy issues. :D
On an unrelated note, if you responded to my post in the healthcare thread, I haven't been ignoring it and I've so far enjoyed the debate (as much as the topic raises my hackles.) The past three days have been a nightmare - I'll be going back to dealing with serious matters tomorrow.
~Joe

I recently switched dorms cause my roommate wouldn't turn off the TV past 1 am even though I had the flu and a test the next day. When I asked and tried to reason with him, he said "Too bad".

HE NEEDED IT ON TO FALL ASLEEP, and often left it on all night, through the morning. Boggles my mind, even though a lot of people think it's normal to behave this way.

I've got a better room now.

Jefforever---> My Cousin is the exact way, when we used to have sleep overs, I'd wait until he felll asleep and turned it off, could you do that?

Carn, when you go off to college you'll find that sharing a dorm with another psuedo-adult has a vastly different dynamic than sleepovers with childhood friends and family. A much more inconsiderate, lazy and irresponsible dynamic. I found it rather like a preschool with not enough toys, except no one was around to clean up or change diapers.
~Joe

I recently switched dorms cause my roommate wouldn't turn off the TV past 1 am even though I had the flu and a test the next day. When I asked and tried to reason with him, he said "Too bad".

HE NEEDED IT ON TO FALL ASLEEP, and often left it on all night, through the morning. Boggles my mind, even though a lot of people think it's normal to behave this way.

I've got a better room now.

Well since you're in the dorms you may not be able to do this but I had a roomate that did the same in his room which was next to mine. Except he had a sound system and always had it cranked up on high. I'd asked him multiple times to either use a timer so that it would shut off by itself or that he remember to get turn it off. He claimed the same thing: "needed it on to fall asleep". Well i got sick of it real quick and turned the TV off myself at 2-3 am once he was asleep. Then he started to lock his door so I went straight to the source! I went to the box and tripped the fuse to his room on and off. That would reset his alarm clock so he'd wake up late and missed or would be late to class. He learned real quick that you don't mess with my sleep time.:jester::jester::jester:

Seedjar, I am aware of the futile and horrible behaviour of roommates just wondering if Jeff did so, thats why I don't plan moving on campus. But you never know what the world has in store, and I would rather not live with anyone if I had the choice, but unfortunately no one knows,and I mightr be forced too...

Bad neighbors? I've had em! The people who used to live in #71 were pimping girls and selling hard drugs and their customers used to break into my car all the time. Almost every night my glove box was dumped out. Now there's a young family there so it's all cool.

For a while there were a couple different guys moving in and out selling weed outta the place below mine. Made my house smell like a skunk 24/7 for a few years. I was always paranoid that the pigs would bust in on me just under suspicion since I was using a ton of power for my 3 huge Nepenthes grow chambers, I look like a freak (sometimes) and with the whole area smelling like weed cos of the guys downstairs smoking up their customers. Every time I'd hear a knock downstairs I'd smell the burning skunk stank a few minutes later coming out of the bathroom vent and the bedroom closet. I don't care if people smoke recreationally (I'd rather they legalize that than alcohol) but when they're dealing you don't just have to put up with them but all their foot traffic as well. Many of whom didn't seem to think twice about putting their cigs out in my outdoor plant pots.

Now there is a deaf guy and his Cambodian wife down stairs so all is calm once again.... And she makes awesome egg rolls! :D

I got middle-aged partiers in the houses around me. They're the worst because I'm younger than them, so they assume it's OK when they party until 3AM because clearly I haven't got anything important going on in my life in the morning because I'm too young to have important things to do *sigh*.

Also, apparently my front yard is everyone's dog's urinal. Can't keep any plants out front, and I totally want to drink my morning coffee watching someone's dog :censor:.

Back