Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Swords, Rattler. What bait do you guys Normally Use? I use Rapalla, Berkly plastic worm power bait. I find the Bunjee worms work awesome out here in AZ for large mouth. The Pumpkin seed color, which is a light brown with small black specks inbedded in the worm.
    The Ralltlin Rapalla lures are awesome. I have some Rattlers that I have caught 5 and 6 pounders on. I primarily go for large mouth bass but have actually caught the Occasional Catfish off of a Bass Lure. lol. I even once caught a Yellow belly catfish on a spinner bait of all lures. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I used to fish I just used worms on a hook. I live sorta in the country so I just go in the woods and dig a few minutes. I did also used canned corn, corn kernels seem to get sunfish if you like them.

I was thinking about it the other day, you're not supposed to put lead in your mouth and we used to always bite our lead sinkers closed on our fishing lines as kids. We liked the taste of those sinkers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickrober View Post
    Polarized sunglasses do work. They don't let you see the bottom of the water, they reduce the glare coming off the water from the sun, which does allow you to see deeper. I can see the bottom of the river most of the time when wearing polarized sunglasses and trout fishing.
    Hi Nick. I love Trout Fishing Here in AZ. We have Rose Canyon Lake here in AZ at Mt. Lemon and I do alot of Trout fishing there. I use live worms for trout. I have had several good days there where I am literally pulling them out of the Water. One right after the other. People ask me what I am using and I say Live worms, Otherwise know as Night crawlers. They say I am using the same thing, lol.
    When I saw how some of them had there worms hooked, I knew why they weren't catching anything. Wasn't hooked right. I helped this 1 guy rig it up properly, and the funny thing is he started pulling them out of the water as fast as me then.

You do alot of trout fishing?

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    When I used to fish I just used worms on a hook. I live sorta in the country so I just go in the woods and dig a few minutes. I did also used canned corn, corn kernels seem to get sunfish if you like them.

I was thinking about it the other day, you're not supposed to put lead in your mouth and we used to always bite our lead sinkers closed on our fishing lines as kids. We liked the taste of those sinkers!
    I used to fish for Bluegills alot. I like to use little Jig heads for them things. If you catch them at the right part of the Day, you can fish for them when they have schooled up. There have been some days where I can pull those things out of the water one by one. I have caught some pretty big ones here.Sometimes I get spiked by there sharp fin thingy's, lol. The Back spike things that they raise in defense.
    I dont think I ever used canned corn. When I was in Ohio with my Uncle, after a rain at night, we would go looking for Night crawlers then. Thats when there at the surface of the soil. Gotta be quick though, lol. If they sense you, they go shooting right back in there Hole, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for walleyes i mainly use minnows or leeches pulled behind some sorta rig while trolling, sometimes just a float other times beads and floats and spinner blades......the rigs run from stupid simple to complex depending on what they are biting on....

northerns bite on most anything pulled in front of them.....

dont run cranks much, generally only use jigs at the very beginning of summer......

if bank fishing i usually throw a 1/2 ounce weight on the snap swivel of the main line.....tie hook with bout a foot of line bout 2 feet above the weight, put a minnow on the hook and toss it in.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow..I have never heard of fishing on TV!
    bizzare..well, I suppose if they have golf on TV, why not fishing?

(I block out all the sports networks on cable..so I dont scroll past them while channel surfing..
    there are about 20 of them it seems..they just get blocked, along with the 20 home shopping channels and other stuff we will never watch..I think we get 100 channels, and actually watch maybe 10 of them..)

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i said, i dont mind watching the fishing for sharks and marlin and the like......but i refuse to watch ppl catch stuff that i can catch here.....rather take the time to head down to the river instead.....just like i cant stand hunting shows where they go after deer in Texas or the like.....but if they are going after elephant, lion or buffalo in Africa, red deer in Europe or New Zealand, than i might watch it......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12