What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG He's alive! I need some help with remembering my plantsitters

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey all, I'm getting ready to start growing again after my hiatus. I've PM'd all of the people who are plantsitting for me, but I've got a feeling there are two or three others that, for the life of me, I can't remember who they are or what I sent them!

I'm in charge of the research greenhouse at Berry College now, and part of my job is increasing the diversity of plants we have. Naturally I'm starting by increasing the number of CP's! I'd like to grow all of the plants I sent of to be plantsat in the greenhouse, so if I sent you anything to sit for me, and you havn't gotten a pm from me, then please PM me so I can see my babies again lol.

Missed you guys a ton! I'll probably start being more social on here if there's time in my schedule.

Clint

Good to see ya back! :water:

Well you will be getting a big box from me. The 2 plants I have been sitting and about a dozen others to boot :D

.... WOW thank you! WOW. WOW thank you lol!

Hey Clint, great to have you back! I'm sure you've learned quite a bit that you will be sharing with us.

Welcome back Clint‼ We've missed ya!

You'll have to introduce yourself to all the new people here now. ;)

Cheers !!! We're still here. Let me know what you need for the greenhouse.

Nooo I'm not asking for handouts Droseraguy lol, PM me and maybe we can work out some sort of trade?

Not A Number, I've learned a lot. I've learned not to chug everclear because you walk through glass doors. I was a freshman, it was my first big college party, I paid for it... lesson learned and it makes a good story lol. Lol that said I've been doing great in college, good grades, two jobs, and no sleep lol.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I remember I had a D. capensis Bainskloof that took me forever to find, as well as the porcelain clone o N. ventricosa. If anyone is sitting on those I'd really like those back if possible (after you take a any basal shoots it's made for yourself!)

OMG Im sooo excited. I LOVE this hobby and am so glad I've got a greenhouse to grow in.

Woohoo congrats on the greenhouse position. I was driving past Berry on Sunday. Are the greenhouses open to the public?

Nope, afraid not. There are two sets of greenhouses, one's next to the science building and it's just got like, i guess you could say specimen plants. You know like one species of this and another species of that. There's another couple of greenhouses up next to the Ford building and those are open to the public i you call ahead of time and it's like an ornamental greenhouse. Like they'll grow a thousand pots of Poinsettias and sell them at Xmas and other seasonal plant sales or something. Boring lol. I think they grow all of the plants used in the landscaping at Berry there, too.

It's called the "research greenhouse" but I don't know why. Nothing in there is special and there's no research going on. Guess it just sounds good lol.

Wb to the world!
Check your PM's.... your babies miss their daddy :p

and trich is no problem ;)

Av

Welcome back, Clint! :) Glad to hear that college is going great for you!

Looks like you've learned some valuable lessons so far :)

I've learned a lot. I've learned not to chug everclear because you walk through glass doors. I was a freshman, it was my first big college party, I paid for it... lesson learned and it makes a good story lol.

you need to come up here, my baby brother will give yah lessons.....gotta respect a kid that buys Crown a gallon at a time and runs with a group that buys beer by the pallet :D course yah may require a new liver before the 201 course starts........

Everclear is good stuff.....no impurities to cause a hangover....other than via dehydration....

welcome back Clint. Nice to see you back with CPs again. :)

Thanks! It's nice to be back with them again and I remember a lot of you and see a lot of new people!

Just a little bump because I've still got a few plants floating out there and I don't remember who I sent them to (my bad record keeping is coming back to bite me in the butt ;( )

Hey Clint, congratz on the job. Sounds like a good one. Nice to see you back.
I think the problem isn't that you walk through the glass doors - it's that you collide with them. :D
I don't think I have any of your plants, but I'd be happy to do some trades down the road. I'm trying to maneuver into a similar position here at my college, but if it does pan out, I don't think it'll be a paying job.
~Joe

Back