What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flamenco, Anyone?

• Thread starter Jefforever
  • Start date

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_9TcDe0nyM

I just uploaded an old video of me playing some the modern style of Flamenco.

It is a music form of the Romas (gypsies). I've been playing for 11 years.

The video kinda sucks, lol. I think I'll probably try recording it again.

I used a flamenco guitar for the sound recording and then filmed myself using a steel string because that's all we had at the school. It was filmed with one of the school cameras.

Perhaps a few missed notes as you say on your link but still way better than anything I can do with a guitar!

What style of music do you normally play? Have you written/released any of your own material yet?

If you're interested in Gypsies I can recommend the book Gypsy Magic and Superstition by Raymond Buckland which also covers other aspects of their culture too like the wagons, their music, etc. It has a lot of photos of early 19th & 20th century gypsies and their lives. It's kind of like looking through an old B&W family photo album.

Don't worry, I've gotten a lot better now. :)

I started off on classical for a few years, but my teacher was Colombian, so I played a lot of Villa Lobos, Mangore, Piazolla, Leo Brower, and other Latin/South American stuff.

I played what I would call "Americanized flamenco" for a long time, probably since a year after I started, but I just recently started playing this modern stuff.

I'm writing some stuff right now. Thanks for your compliment.

Wow, your really good. Sounded great!

Back