What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tiny worms pests?

Hey All!
Iv'e got a N. sanguinea sitting in a tray to collect runnoff. But I watered it today and as the water pooled in the tray i noticed tiny chunks of dirt in the water movin arround. and as i looked closer i saw tiny barely visible white lookin worms. the longest were like, not even a centimeter. Hair thin maybe thinner. they scooch arround but not really inch or make s shapes they just kinda scooch. My first guess was nematodes which can cause root damage. has anyone seen anything like this and how do i treat it?
THNX

i agree with NaN. probably fungus gnat larvae

well that would make sense. I've noticed alot of those buggers too. I'll just watch it i suppose. thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I read that a dilluted Hydrogen peroxide and water solution will kill larva. is this feasable to try or am i risking something here.

Fungus gnats are easy enough to control with Bti. Mosquito Dunks are a easily found source in garden shops, hardware stores etc. Just float a chunk in your watering can and after a few weeks they'll be gone. Treat for 4-6 weeks and then once a month after that.

Thanks dude you da man.

Back