What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Men Who Stare At Goats

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I so wanna see this movie. I always like wacky Jeff Bridges films - he's like a hippie colonel of a psychedelic army squad in this one. Looks like it could rival my other fave The Big Lebowski:

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SreufFevUSw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

I saw a preview of this at some movie I went to recently. I'm interested in seeing it. I absolutely love The Big Lebowski. When does it come out?

xvart.

End of the trailer says November 6th. Soon!

Looks rather amusing.

yeah, i put this on my netflix queue a few weeks ago (2 young kids, so rarely get a chance to go to the theater). sounds pretty cool - psychic warfare, george clooney, ewan mcgregor, and supposed to be a "screwball" comedy.

Paranormal Activity has definitely caught my eye.
scariest movie ive ever seen... its just a really different movie too. being completely "shot" by a handheld camera. like Cloverfield was. its really good though!

Alex

"Jedi warrior","must create warrior monks that can pass through walls and see the future" you know how funny is it?HAhaahahaahahahaahahaah"..and it's gone'(bbbaaamm)"Jeez you have the whole dessert to drive in" and "Well..the hooker thing is definately a lie '

Hey Marvin,
It is rather silly but the premise of the film is actually based in fact. From the late 1950s the united states army has run several attempted mind-control/psychological influence programs where the army covertly and openly gave large amounts of hallucination inducing drugs to soliders in hopes of expanding their minds to become psychic soldiers. Or simply reinforcing their fighting/order following drive, fighting battles on the astral plane and remote viewing of enemy campsites. I have a book on remote viewing (astral projection) by a retired army guy who claims to have been in one of these programs. The US was doing it because the Russians were also doing it at the same time. Russia was trying to make a one-way telepathy device to implant orders direct into peoples heads. They started with a drug used by Amazon indians called Ayahuasca which supposedly made it's drinkers telepathic. It was part of the Cold War when it all started up but now they are still using parts of these programs in the army today.

Hey Marvin,
It is rather silly but the premise of the film is actually based in fact. From the late 1950s the united states army has run several attempted mind-control/psychological influence programs where the army covertly and openly gave large amounts of hallucination inducing drugs to soliders in hopes of expanding their minds to become psychic soldiers. Or simply reinforcing their fighting/order following drive, fighting battles on the astral plane and remote viewing of enemy campsites. I have a book on remote viewing (astral projection) by a retired army guy who claims to have been in one of these programs. The US was doing it because the Russians were also doing it at the same time. Russia was trying to make a one-way telepathy device to implant orders direct into peoples heads. They started with a drug used by Amazon indians called Ayahuasca which supposedly made it's drinkers telepathic. It was part of the Cold War when it all started up but now they are still using parts of these programs in the army today.

Oohg but this is hella funny:-))

Originaly posted by glider14
scariest movie ive ever seen... its just a really different movie too. being completely "shot" by a handheld camera. like Cloverfield was. its really good though!.

i dont think it was reeeeely scary it was starteling and creepy i think the scariest movie i've seen was like The Strangers

That's a ridiculous premise. If it were possible to control people's minds, McDonalds would be able to sell billions of burgers and Bud Light would be the most popular beer in America ..... Oh sh*t.

I saw a new preview for it today, anticipating it more... They're controlling my mind! :D

First there's no movies I care to see in nearly a decade then two right in a row.

If you like that kinda stuff, you'll love Long Island... between the Montauk Project & Plum Island and the genetics testing in Cold Spring Harbor we've had all sorts of kooky stuff go on here.
Although nothing can explain the phenomena of Joey Buttefucco.

I'm not sure about the Stargate-esge warp gates of the Montauk Project, but the Military testing halucinegetic drugs on orphans & homeless people there don't sound so far-fetched...

Now the land is a really nice park with D-Day type gun emplacements all sealed up, various buildings and a big radar antennae. But what went on underground there no-one knows....

As for Plum Island, the Gov't Says it's a level 3 Biohazard facility where they test diseases that can transmit from animals to humans...
They say that to keep people away from the place so we don't find out what's Really going on there!

"The Men Who Stare at Goats"

Uggghhh...........

Sounds like another Hollywood crap-dump. I could be wrong though....

Wait a minute, Looney Clooney is in this film............

I was right in the first place then; gonna be a total toad-stool........ :thumbdown:

I don't know hollywood people at all, is Clooney a cult guy like Tom Cruise? Which one is clooney? As far as actors I only know "the dude" (Jeff Bridges) in this one. lol

What is the crap dump aspect of it since it's based off an actual aspect of the army? You can look it all up on Wikipedia if you want specifics of the MK Ultra and other psychological programs the army has run in the past. Is it bad to treat the subject with levity? I liked MASH 4077 but it covered some serious aspects too.

Back