What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

baddest flytrap terrarium video ive ever seen

the ecosystms in this vdeo are amazing to me . ihav pmd him a few times for reef aquarium help and he toldme about this video of a large terarium globbe that hekeeps flytraps in as well. a chameleon stays in the plants above this tank and stays in a cage at night, coolest fishroom imo

ftf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOsitYhihc

I didn't see any flytraps in any of those designs but it's very neat to see that a tiny invert reef tank can be run by just a good airstone and small power compacts! Yowza! I may have to give a go at that sometime! Thanks for sharing! :D

probably not deliberate spam..
but it smells vaguely spam-ish..
"number of posts = 1" also adds to my suspicion..
if im wrong, prove it! ;)

Scot

lol that could true, I didn't even look at his post count! :D

Oh well, I'm still glad someone implanted this idea in my head.

I wonder is it really true that a micro reef can be done this way? using the airstone for oxygen and self-skimming (wipe the crud off the edge of the water daily to remove the skimmed gunk) I'm totally into the idea of giving this a go if it really can be done this way. My interest in reefs was just the inverts anyway not really the fish at all. I'm certainly not interested in repurchasing the $1000+ worth of crap I had back when I was gonna do a reef and then got laid off from the print shop and had to sell my reef keeping equipment never even getting a chance to test fire any of it. :( But that micro reef/micro amount of equipment idea is just crazy cool!

I suppose it still takes time for the live sand/live rock to cure and achieve a stable environment but as I'm home tonight with a fever this is looking like a better and better idea! lol

-

its not spam guys ! i just thought it w b neat to imagine how mhy things you could switch out in the established tanks if you wnted. the point is where eles can you stick a brain coral in a vase and grow it or do the carniverous plants theme in the globe.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

i met hm talking on the comments foru m of one of th threads.

I've seen that vid and pictures of that guy's tank before. Very neat!

I've been running a 3 gallon reef tank since September on just power compacts and a small power filter. It's been working flawlessly so far (knock on wood). I'll have to post some recent pics.

Swords- If you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask. I personally find it fascinating to keep a living slice of the ocean in such a small space.
I used dry rock in my system and fed it frozen food every few weeks to get the cycle going instead of using live rock. I love the results and the fact that I'll never have to deal with nuisance aiptasia.

Thanks YellowDart I just may have to take you up on your offer to bother you with a million questions about this once I start feeling better and thinking more clearly! :D

WOW the best i ever did was a 2 gallon Nano tank
It had a Fire shrimp , Pipe fish, Harliquin Shrimp, Corals where Colt Coral , Zo's, Gorgoians , an a few hermit.

Picture009-9.jpg

Picture011-12.jpg

daren

Wow, nice. I like the roman column look.
~Joe

Aw, all I get is "this video or image has been removed or deleted" :(

well the pics are there

Back