What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone ride motorcycles?

being the perennial lurker i am, i haven't posted in a while, but i never have been one to post a lot lol! i had been thinking about it for a while, and finally i bought a bike! it's a 2002 ducati monster.
here's a few pictures for ya:

i stopped by the g/f's work on a ride one day and she took this one:
after a different ride i found a kitty chilling in my driveway that proceeded to use me as a climbing post!
there's a few more pics on my photobucket acct: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/technoracer/monster/

anyone else on here ride? what kind of bike do you have?

1975 Shovelhead 4 speed Suicide shift

100_0287.jpg

that's a big name... I used to ride a dirt bike a few years ago, but I sucked and got bored of driving out to a track every week so I quit. :p Very kewl bikes you has there

my mom has a harley fatboy its reeeely nice lol

Current bikes:

Honda CBR1100XX

103_0379.jpg

Yamaha Raptor 700R
132_3202.jpg

anyone else on here ride?
I used to ride ... After a while, I realized that my intense love affair with the speed (especially on winding, country roads)(like having my own personal roller coaster - but the level of 'thrill' was completely controlled by me) overruled my instinct for self-preservation and that there was only one eventual result. As could be expected, this realization occurred after my 2nd or 3rd super close-call - when I truly should have been complete toast.

I keep thinking that I've matured enough to get another ... then I realize that my love for speed has probably increased since then ... I've been seriously considering Wing-suit base-jumping ... probably need to hold off on both for a while .... :0o:

I totally understand the attraction of base jumping.
Wife and I used to skydive, until she blew a disk in her back (unrelated incident).
There is no thrill like jumping from 13,000 feet.
Zipping through the twisties comes close.

Back