What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew Infestation!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I had several plants in one particular tray (mostly sundews from Crystal) outside, this summer and now many of them have baby sundews of unknown ID. But here's the thing...it's not just those from that tray. At least one indoor pot has this infestation - admirabilis and jacobyi.

Picture013-3.jpg

Picture016-5.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture020.jpg

I don't know what's in there.

Lol! Sorry Jim! 'Jacoby' gets into everything. The majority are probably that. I've had D. dielsiana and D. capillaris in bloom almost constantly as well.

Nothing wrong with a little infestation! I've never even bought a sundew, yet I now have them all over the place. I recognize filiformis and intermedia, but the rest, i don't know. rotundifolia probably, i don't know what the other temperate rosetted ones are.

Doh. Congrats on your new (surprise) plants, anyway.

Lol! Sorry Jim! 'Jacoby' gets into everything. The majority are probably that. I've had D. dielsiana and D. capillaris in bloom almost constantly as well.

LOL! Yeah, they did that last year as well. They could be capillaris or Ivan's Paddle or capensis or.....

tis the reason i banished my capensis to the office window sill and out of my basement.....took a year and a half to rid my pots of capensis seedlings.....

I'm putting my bet on them being D. capillaris, but it's really too early to tell.

BTW, to be totally clear, this topic is intended to be fun and humorously ironic, and in no way a complaint. I can attempt to germinate sundews, with great care and technique and get nothing or close to nothing. And yet, with no intentions at all, I get sundews popping up in unexpected places. *your light is on*

Back