What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
I really don't know where to post my pics any more because I'm growing all sorts of things, so I guess it'll be here!

Most of the neps:
PB080004.jpg

Paph that has been working on a bloom for...months!
4 days ago-
PB080011.jpg

this morning-
PB100012.jpg

PB100013.jpg

PB100014.jpg

PB100016.jpg

PB100017.jpg

Ceph root regrowth with new leaves and teeeny pitcher :banana2: (those two pairs of leaves in the center of the shot...camera didn't want to focus close up) -
PB100018.jpg

Sundew pics:
the gemmae the SASE people are going to get (one head per SASE) -
PB100019.jpg

is my scorpioides making gemmae, or is this more leaves waiting to unfurl (new to this drosera)?
PB100020.jpg

what's popped up in the gemmae tray (all "planted" at the same time)-
callistos
PB100023.jpg

trichocaulis
PB100022.jpg

helodes
PB100021.jpg

leioblastos
PB100024.jpg

omissaXpulchella
PB100025.jpg

carbarup
PB100026.jpg

And last but not least, the outdoor colony of pitchers and last flytrap that I haven't killed yet! -
PB100027.jpg

...Now, I'm having an outbreak of small green things that I think are thrips because they're green, thin and long (and far too tiny to take a picture of) and I've seen some full grown thrips on some of my plants :-(. I plan on neem-ing everything this weekend, but I need to ask if there are plants that I have that don't like neem in your experience?

I got green light neem concentrate, that I'll mix up 2tbsp/gallon water. It doesn't say it needs soap to mix in with it which is strange...is this true? I've mixed up a batch and it all floats to the top after a bit like an oil should, so maybe it mixes in the water just long enough to get sprayed on the plants?

In any case, I heard Paphs (orchids) don't like neem, is this true? The other things I have that I don't know if I can spray and want to know your experience with neem on them are cephalotus, any nepenthes that can't tolerate it (the few kill-proof ones I've tried have been OK), cape sundew, sarracenia, flytraps, and orchids (phalaenopsis, epidendrum, cattleya, encyclia cochleata, miltonia, oncidium, zygopetalum).

very nice plants! That gemmae looks nice... also nice little gemmae sprouts you have and sarrs!

Nice! I really like your Paph - mine has similar flowers but yours looks much more vigorous.
~Joe

Devon - thanks! I just got into pygmy sundews in the past month or two and I'm surprised by how easy they are. I'll have problems when it starts hitting 90 F for a couple months next August, but until then I expect smooooth sailing ;-).

seedjar - thanks :). Surprisingly enough, this is the first time I've grown paphs, and I've only had them for a couple months at most. This one is the first one that has newly flowered for me, and it was quite a shock when those buds came up! It originally had two, but one died and I'd like to think it was because the plant just put all its energy into this one. I think it's either from Trader Joe's or Home Depot.

TJ's has very good quality orchids, and some rather rare ones! I got most of my Paphs from them.

Back