Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: water buildup

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the Dollar store and buy a turkey baster or two. One of those essential tools.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essential! You can see my shiny new turkey baster there in the bottom center on the pile of Toy Riot address labels!

Jimmy,
    I'm working on a sliding front Vivarium myself, and then I will convert the one shown above to the same thing so I'd definitely love to see what you did!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy conner View Post
    yes its a terrarium and the fogger splashes some out of the dish i use for the water supply and it creates quite a lot of fog . which then condenses and runs down to the bottom hoping there was a cool tool to do the trick for me i keep my humidity up to 80 to 85 percent all the time

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

i only actually water individual pots about twice a week it is a highland nep. terrarium and i have a few heliamphoras in there as well

Jimmy
    Ah, that makes more sense now. My fogger does the same thing. I stopped using it and bought a humidifier. I still want to use it for something, just haven't found the right application yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take a bit of doing but i will give it a try have to take pics than load them and send them i have a little trouble finding pics on my pc even after i down load them so work with me and i'll try and show what i did. Hope it will work for the long haul, i really like it , just need a couple ideas about cooling, and would like to have a place to get wires and the like in without loosing humidity . see me 9:30 or so
    Jimmy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still want to use it for something, just haven't found the right application yet.
    Doorstop!

I was fooled into buying one of those crummy foggers too, back before 2000 when they were "new technology" in the reptile hobby. I won't tell you exactly HOW MUCH I paid for mine but it was well over $100 and it worked about as well for as long as most peoples experiences with them. Maybe a week then never made a puff again.

I then bought a cheap $35 ultrasonic humidifier from the pharmacy that held 2 gallons of water and it ran 24/7 for six years straight! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Doorstop!

I was fooled into buying one of those crummy foggers too, back before 2000 when they were "new technology" in the reptile hobby. I won't tell you exactly HOW MUCH I paid for mine but it was well over $100 and it worked about as well for as long as most peoples experiences with them. Maybe a week then never made a puff again.

I then bought a cheap $35 ultrasonic humidifier from the pharmacy that held 2 gallons of water and it ran 24/7 for six years straight! lol
    LOL! I got a ultrasonic humidifier about a week after getting my fogger too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep loosing my place try again

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

cant seem to get this down Jimmy

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]just ordered the glass it was easier to assemble than i thought it would be just need to make good beads of silicone at each seam so you'll get a water tight seal, once mine was assembled i cleaned off the excess on the inside and applied another fairly large bead of silicone and smoothed it out with my finger, use an aquarium for reference
    make a nice smooth finish this will be your water tight seal
    Jimmy

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

There is a great site for DIY aquarium building sure everyone here would love it I 'll try and find it again
    Jimmy i'll answer questions on how i did mine if you like

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Hum http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/diy...stomtank_4.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job! How much did it run you for materials?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast