What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Experts: New DSLR Camera

Glad my thread helped you PlantAKiss!! From what I have seen, the Canon T1i is a great camera. I still haven't had much time to play with it (sad I know!) with everything I've had going on lately.

I've never used Nikon, I'll admit I went on a whim when I chose Canon. I have the small A590 Canon point and shoot. I love it, but want to do more. I did hours of research before I went with the T1i model. Apparently a great feature it has is the ability to take high definition video. That's not why I got it though. I would certainly recommend the Sigma 105mm Macro lens as well if it is in your budget. If not, the Canon 50mm lens that Larry mentions also seems to be good. I've been doing some research on it lately. You can get it new for under $100.

Here's another picture of my best friend taken with the Sigma:
IMG_0181.jpg

Full size photo can be seen <a href="http://www.crystalscarnivores.com/Images/IMG_0181.JPG">Here</a>.

The Tamron pictures so far (I've used this lens only briefly, due to time) haven't been up to par with the Sigma. I'm sure it's due to me having no idea what I'm doing. It takes a little more skill to use it looks like :).

Larry, I just ordered a cheap set of extension tubes. I don't think I'll need the auto focus. I don't use it much as it is. Thank you for the recommendation!

I'll post some more pictures and some comments when I get some more time this week to learn about my camera. I've probably put in a whole 30 minutes since I've had it.

Crystal

Thanks for the link Larry. I've been really considering this lens. The price is also great. What do you think about the lens?

Fantastic camera kit there Crystal. I got my Nikon as well. I totally love it. I also invested in a dedicated 500$ Nikkor MICRO lens to go with it. It is totally worth it. Fantastic lens for the money. Astounding for taking sharp shots that are not at all possible with the kit lens. However, since it has no VR, I really need a tripod to use this correctly as I can already see image shake in this following image if you look closely.

4267298509_eca1bf1332_o.jpg

Which Nikon did you get vraev? I got the d5000 and I love it so far.

Great shot, btw.

Nikon D90. :) I love it!! Spectacular camera!

Back