Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I got some new plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are spidermites what made all the deep red pits on the old leaf you see at the 9 o'clock position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's a policy to not allow the mention of other sellers on this site, but shouldn't an exception be made in this case, in order to protect future would-be buyers? (I don't know who this seller is that everyone has had such nasty experiences with). It seems like it'd be safe to mention this seller, since mentioning the site wouldn't be pushing buyers away from flytrapshop.com, but towards it, if anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    swords, Im sorry to see your new plants in rough shape. I got a heliamphora from the same vendor last year. It was growing horizontally not vertically like normal growing plants, and each pitcher was cracked, filled with growing medium (although I would expect something like that to happen due to shipping). Not sure why they keep selling plants in the same condition...swore I wouldn't order from them again after receiving a plant growing sideways. At a CP show back in september they had smaller, but somewhat decent looking plants for sale...but the things they send out to customers as of late look like they've been drop kicked/ infected with pests. They weren't very friendly either when I asked them about a Nepenthes that was in the sale area, but was apparently not for sale.....Good luck with your plant rehab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always the PM feature if you are burning with desire to know (and really can't figure it out) but as I said this was the first poor shipment after buying from them a number of times in years gone by. Sorry to hear others have gotten bad shipments as well, I wonder what changed in their operation?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I know who it is and got my spotted amp and a couple other things a few years ago. Also had spider mites and top growth looked bad... I lost the others withing a couple weeks thinking they'd pull though bud didn't. Unfortunately I didn't check for mites till it was too late and my whole collection was infested. My amp now looks great and I love it- but it took quite a while to get where it is today

Quote Originally Posted by nesler View Post
    I know it's a policy to not allow the mention of other sellers on this site, but shouldn't an exception be made in this case, in order to protect future would-be buyers? (I don't know who this seller is that everyone has had such nasty experiences with). It seems like it'd be safe to mention this seller, since mentioning the site wouldn't be pushing buyers away from flytrapshop.com, but towards it, if anything.
    This is the policy because we have decided that if you cannot praise a company for a job well done, you also cannot pick apart a company. I wouldn't feel right about having a section where you could complain about plants you get, but not allow you to boast about great plants you got (from the same place or elsewhere).

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's mites in this case....just lack of recovery period. At least your plants come potted, right?...not the plant in one corner of the box and the pot in the other.
    I'm a seller too and maybe i should not complain about how others are doing their business but they really do a horrible packing job...prices are very good. Lucky for me that i know how to bring back a plant from the dead...because that's exactly what i need to do now!
    I will check for mites later
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sold many cuttings of plants on ebay in the past to pay for new R/O filters and replacement bulbs and things but I'd be embarrassed to ship out plants like these two. With ebay people had better ship out good stuff cos the buyer gets to review it! lol

I'm not a hard customer to please, I understand how things move through the mail system and am forgiving with that aspect of plant shipments. I work in mailing and have to go to the airport annex on occasion you'd be appalled if you saw how "fragile" packages are tossed from one end of a room to the other and dropped in mail sorting carts but the plant has to be in good shape before it goes in the well packaged box. Ironically the packaging was the best part of the package I got today! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Ironically the packaging was the best part of the package I got today! lol "
    I wish i was that lucky! In my case, ironically, the one that got pulled out of its pot and break most of its roots is the one that's doing the best now after a month. I'm sure your amp is going to be fine...not sure about that second thing you got....are you sure you ordered a potted plant and not a soil mix and a pot?
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast