0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this arrived yesterday, same plant as yours from the same place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please edit the partial name out of this picture, then feel free to resubmit it. We don't allow you to give part of the vendor's name with text, so you certainly cannot by picture. Thank you.

--Est

Mine was missing the tip
    Last edited by Est; 12-04-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yours actually looks quite eccept for the missing tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn man. and it was actually a decent plant too other than the tip. i think they need to stop selling plants this way, seriously. the packing job was crap too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that "_______" part of your ID tag . . . ha, ha, ha

E

I don't like it. Folks, please take care when posting your pictures here. If it's against the rules to have it written out, it's against the rules to have a picture of it written out -- even if it's just partial. It's not a stretch to figure out what a store is if I show a tag that says "ly trap sho".

--Est
    Last edited by Est; 12-04-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    "My Greatest Fear Is, When I Die, The Missus Will Sell All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Got It For"

I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are notoriously bad with their plants. They have tried selling on ebay as well, and keep getting bad feedback. I bought from them once and will not do so again, especially since I now have a business license and an import license and can get the same plants they can.

On the price issue, the general idea for retail is to double your wholesale cost plus an extra 15 percent. Most plant people can't afford to do that because it makes the final cost to the customer too high. Retail stores do this however. Doing this will cover your wholesale cost plus any shipping and other fees that you had to pay to get the plants to you. Plus you have to heat, cool, water them, and since they come in bare root you have to have pots and soil ready, and greenhouses. All of this costs money that is not figured into the wholesale cost. So when someone knows that a Hamata is on BE website for 120 and you wonder why people are charging 200, they are not actually getting 80 bucks profit on that plant. Actual profit is much less than that. And if you have employees or any other bills that you have to pay, your profit dwindles even more. Ebay and paypal have huge fees, or if you have an online store you are paying fees, taking a credit card charges fees, and you have to have CITES permits if you are importing, and that costs as well. There is actually only a very small profit margin in plant sales. I am constantly amazed when I see plants from BE going for as cheap as they do on the retail market, because I know exactly how expensive it is to get them here and to keep them healthy and thriving, which mine are. Mine have grown out of the S category and into the M size and I only got them late October. They certainly look nothing like those pictured in this thread, that's awful.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got any plants from them through the mail.
    I was lucky and bought from them at the 2006 ICPS conference in MD. I was able to look at and touch the plant before I purchased it.

It's ashame that a company would ship out plants looking like that. I would be embarrassed to do so.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some utter garbage from them too - just threw out the remnants of what they sold me as a 4" amp that was really just a twig with gnarled leaves about 3 months ago. No replacements and no reply after they asked for a pic and I sent it to them asking why my plants arrived in such bad condition. The platychila I got from them was worth it and I'm glad it survived, but yowsa I'm never buying from them again considering I think they gave me bugs as well!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast