Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I got some new plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of a few complaints from them as well...

I finally decided to order from them. I got a Truncata Pasian and a Bical from them a month or two ago. Aside from the Truncata being in a Peat/Perlite mix with very little roots to speak of, I was pretty happy. I quicly repotted it and it is doing pretty good. Also, The bical actually had pitchers on it (although damaged from shipping). But all in all they were healthy and pest free.

Now that I read this, I think I will check for spider mites again. I hate those things. I have only had one case of it, but it nearly killed the plant. I ended up chopping off the main growth point once it formed two basals because I couldn't seem to get rid of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many LL do well in peat/perlite so i really don't think you should blame them for using that has a soil mix...truncata and bical grow well on that mix.
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take my chances ordering A wild seed grown Ventrata for Antarctica before i would buy from them ever again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "very little roots to speak of" is normal. That is how BE sends them out. Sometimes with just a "thread", not much root at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.ca View Post
    Many LL do well in peat/perlite so i really don't think you should blame them for using that has a soil mix...truncata and bical grow well on that mix.

Unless I am mistaken (highly possible, probable, likely.. ), truncata Pasian can be found in HL and LL and are distinguisable by pitcher color. Since mine is more red than green, I assumed it was highland so I decided to repot in a highland mix. I had thought only lowland truncatas did well in peat. I could be wrong there on both accounts, but was going from the info I could obtain at the time.

Yes, I left the bical in the peat mix and as I said it is healthy and doing well. I doubt it would do very well in a highland mix.

Point is... overall I was happy with my purchase and will probably purchase from them again in the future... except for amps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dashman - My hh and LL truncatas look very similar. Both have a lot of red in them.

This vendor was actually one of the first I ever bought from. They were actually fantastic a few years ago. I wonder what happened...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nesler View Post
    I know it's a policy to not allow the mention of other sellers on this site, but shouldn't an exception be made in this case, in order to protect future would-be buyers? (I don't know who this seller is that everyone has had such nasty experiences with). It seems like it'd be safe to mention this seller, since mentioning the site wouldn't be pushing buyers away from flytrapshop.com, but towards it, if anything.
    I am sure that those who had the issues with the vendor would be happy to reply to a PM . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember 3-4 years ago hearing something about a Mass. vendor (started with an E) buying them out. They had as spotty reputation themselves and their shipping methods were/are very similar.
    But I have no confirmation one way or another,

They were very aggressive at gaining market share, but ended up burning some bridges with a few online CP groups. Then about the same time these rumors started the "E" vendor went under the radar.

soooooooooooo maybe, maybe not

I dunno

Av

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast