Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I got some new plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember from years ago when I was getting rid of my old plant collection that this place I ordered from was actually advertising to have someone knowledgeable in CPs apply and come to work for them. I had assumed by they'd really have their stuff together by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad. As a newbie I got a macfarleni, a villosa, and a raff from them. Under newbie care all perished but the macf.. I still loooove it! Too bad to see the company go south.
    It sucks too watch someone else's aspirations dreams or efforts crumble, especially when they resemble yours or involve you, even as a customer.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about 45 minutes away from this place. Some of their plants are okay, some suck. No in between. I've seen their stock greenhouse a few times. Generally all the common ones, or anything "LARGE" is a safe bet. All their lowlanders suck. If there's one thing they are good about, it's terrarium supplies and frogs. Luckily, you can't kill a terrarium or mister, and they'll give you a big bag of cypress mulch for something like $4. But overall, I wouldn't suggest buying any CPs from these guys unless you can see it in person.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Ironically the packaging was the best part of the package I got today! lol "
    They pack their stuff differently sometimes....
    Yours looks nicely done not like mine was...just noticed the details in your photo.
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I got mine from them, my packing was sopping wet chunks of newspapers. Think...take the roll you pick up in the morning from your front yard, don't unroll & douse it with water, shove it in a box, throw in a plant, and shove another wadded up piece of wet newspaper on top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went the the NECPS show in September of 07. they had a stand of a bunch of plants which i spent nearly $100 worth on. of course i got to pick out the plants i got.... and man did i have to search. i ordered plants from them in may of the same year and they really werent in that bad of shape. packageing sucked. easter grass. but the plants werent damaged. i probably will never order again after what i see here.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any time ive ordered from them, packaging always sucked! especially this time
    like stated above, sopping wet newspaper rapped around the plant and in a sealed plastic bag!
    the other times, the newspaper was dry, plants were in some crappy mulch, many had broken growth tips, and they had freaking spider mites to boot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a more positive note I had a box of orchids coming my way (not from the same people) and it was lost in the mail last week. The USPS had no results for the tracking # all week or this whole weekend but they arrived today in good shape. I'm shocked but they look just fine, firm leaves, moist soil, decent packaging (free 72 hour heat pack which was cold now) and no ripped off/deformed leaves or bugs. Apparently wherever they got lost was at least warm!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast