Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.ca View Post
    Freeze the accounts?
    Some people are idiots...deal with it!
    ^LOL! Tell me about it...
    I just hope people don't hurt themselves or others as the date nears. You know how things go when it comes to the general public, though...
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already begun digging a bomb shelter many miles under the earth that will surely save me when the sun explodes and the dead rise to feast upon the living!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that will stop people from predicting the end of the world is the end of the world. By the way, the Mayans were off a little; the world will end on February 30th, 2010. Mark it on your calendars...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already begun digging a bomb shelter many miles under the earth that will surely save me when the sun explodes and the dead rise to feast upon the living
    idk being a zombie sounds fun lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.ca View Post
    Freeze the accounts?
    Some people are idiots...deal with it!
    My gosh you are right. Whatever was I thinking?!? LOL

I am assuming the fridge was on the exception list for appliances she unplugged then.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just googled, "predictions that the world will end". Here's one site that cites 220 wrong predictions:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like an animated gif of a fireball to lend an air of credibility to your website.

If you are supposed to pick one to believe in then it should be reverse chronological order. Most of them are expired.

Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    I just googled, "predictions that the world will end". Here's one site that cites 220 wrong predictions:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logic would say that our world will stick around a bit longer than 2012. As Einstein stated, ‘Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former’. There surely is no shortage of examples where humans have believed in things that go against logic and science. Take astrology. That rubbish has been w/ us for ages yet there are currently millions who believe it to be fact. The studies undertaken to see if there is in fact any correlation between ones birth sign and their personality resulted in it being debunked as completely false. There simply is no link. You can lead a person to the truth but you can’t make them think…. What about the practice of trepanation which was common for thousands of years; or when 99% of the population ‘knew’ the earth was flat yet around the globe evidence abounds that it’s not; Alchemy – enough said. Granted sometimes I was due to a lack of human knowledge, however, that claim is difficult to support in this era especially w/ such beliefs as doomsday predictions. Oh, how about aliens? Damn those aliens who only visit us to probe our butts and mutilate livestock! Then again, they did build the pyramids. Interesting how abduction reports were largely nonexistent prior to around the 1950's. The arrival of space travel and sci-fi literature correlate closely w/ this phenomenon.

This concludes my diatribe...for now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast