What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
Freeze the accounts?:crazy:
Some people are idiots...deal with it!

My gosh you are right. Whatever was I thinking?!? LOL

I am assuming the fridge was on the exception list for appliances she unplugged then.

Logic would say that our world will stick around a bit longer than 2012. As Einstein stated, ‘Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former’. There surely is no shortage of examples where humans have believed in things that go against logic and science. Take astrology. That rubbish has been w/ us for ages yet there are currently millions who believe it to be fact. The studies undertaken to see if there is in fact any correlation between ones birth sign and their personality resulted in it being debunked as completely false. There simply is no link. You can lead a person to the truth but you can’t make them think…. What about the practice of trepanation which was common for thousands of years; or when 99% of the population ‘knew’ the earth was flat yet around the globe evidence abounds that it’s not; Alchemy – enough said. Granted sometimes I was due to a lack of human knowledge, however, that claim is difficult to support in this era especially w/ such beliefs as doomsday predictions. Oh, how about aliens? Damn those aliens who only visit us to probe our butts and mutilate livestock! Then again, they did build the pyramids. Interesting how abduction reports were largely nonexistent prior to around the 1950's. The arrival of space travel and sci-fi literature correlate closely w/ this phenomenon.

This concludes my diatribe...for now. :alien:

Not sure if I believe the universe is infinite, but I do believe in Y2K!

Hey Swampy you should have a look at The Book of the Damned by Charles Fort. This has just been reissued with two other books in a big Omnibus edition. It's all the weird events from way back (before his death in 1933). Covers "Fortean Phenomena" things like rains of frogs, fish, coins, bent coins, UFOs,failed end of world predictions, supposed "miracles", etc. going all the way back in history. An interesting read for those who like to read such things.
Charles Fort was agnostic/skeptical about all of it so he uses no persuasion one way or the other.

Thanks for the title, swords. It sounds vaguely familiar. I'll check it out.

I have already begun digging a bomb shelter many miles under the earth that will surely save me when the sun explodes and the dead rise to feast upon the living!

:D

Me too. I've got several of these packed in there as well as the zombie survival guide. ;)

243104896_eb10db6e1d.jpg

@ veronis i fint that this is more effective against zombies and your wallet
Emergency_Zombie_Defence_Kit_by_meaikoh.jpg

T-virus antidote is a lol.

I have a pistol to,but it's made by Smith & Wesson.Bring on the zombies! lol

o i need 2 get 1 and put in my case :-))

haha! These pics are great!

its a fun thred :-))

I just hope people don't hurt themselves or others as the date nears. You know how things go when it comes to the general public, though...
baloon_boy.jpg

T-virus antidote is a lol.

I got your T-virus antidote in my "in case of zombies break glass" wall case :D

Man, this thread just sucks the IQ points right out of ya, doesn't it?

well of course it does

Those Zombie kits are awesome!

Are those fan builds or actual products you can buy (from Sideshow for example) - if you have more money than BRAINS! ?
Which I often do for impulse items like these... :D

lol ways 4 impulsive husbands 2 piss off there wives (if the have wives)

Back