What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't I do the icons on my firefox toolbar?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I'm using my Vista laptop while I wait for some massive new synths and their sound libraries to load into my XP desktop over this weekend (I hope they'll be done by Tuesday) so I thought I'd take the time to setup all my bookmarks on Firefox and setup my toolbar with my icons, TF, Bank, Ebay, paypal, etc. But I only get the standard file image not the custom icons/logos. On my desktop I can drag a website's icon to the toolbar and have the icon displayed but it's not working on the laptop. I just installed Firefox on the laptop tonight so it should be the latest version.

Has anyone else on Vista had this issue with customizing Firefox?

LOL, innuendo. Because they're two-dimension figures displayed on your computer screen? ;D
Never heard of this specific problem. Can you edit the icon if you open up the link's properties? I can think of a lot of ways it might happen but not really as many for figuring out what actually went wrong. Do icons next to the URL in the location field load properly? Also, how are you adding the links to your toolbar - are you dragging links from web pages, or the location bar, or URL files from your desktop? Have you tried creating a link manually, by typing the URL by hand?
~Joe

No i don't have any problems really (but im on a desktop), for example the TF logo (on the top left corner, before the browser) is easily dragged over to the browser and it stays there, with the logo. As for why the icons don't show, i don't know. Maybe you can try to bookmark it first, then drag it from the bookmarks tab to the browser, it seems to work both ways.

Nope, I can create a bookmark in the same ways as usual drag and drop or by "bookmark this page" but it doesn't have an icon using either method, though it has one until I drag it to the toolbar or bookmark it then it's just a blank sheet of paper with a bent corner.

I've just reinstalled firefox and it still isn't doing it. I like all my pretty buttons on my desktop version of FF.

Only within Firefox.

I'm back on my desktop now and I can do the "drag the icon from the browser bar to the toolbar" and get a new icon no problem but it's not working on the laptop. I've checked all my settings in Firefoxes Options and nothing looks any different between the two setups.

On the laptop I can grab the icon in the browser bar and it stays the icon image as long as I hold onto it but as soon as I let go of the mouse button it transforms to the blank page.

If it's somekind of windows setting any idea what folder I should look in? AFAIK I only have the firewall running.

Um, maybe try dragging the icon to the launcher on your task bar? Or to your desktop? Pretty strange.
~Joe

Back