What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Photo Finder Search Add-On for Firefox

Very nice. Since you piqued my curiosity I looked up how to create these add-ons and it is actually quite simple. You can even find a few pages that will generate the code for you. I went ahead and used one of these to create my own add-on for the Carnivorous Plant Database and installed it into Firefox. I'm always looking up species to try to find the published descriptions or figure out invalid names.

Since you have the accounts setup with Mozilla why don't you go get together with the Omnisterra.com people and whip one out for the CP Database?
I will look into creating one this weekend... thanks for the suggestion.

Very nice. Since you piqued my curiosity I looked up how to create these add-ons and it is actually quite simple. You can even find a few pages that will generate the code for you. I went ahead and used one of these to create my own add-on for the Carnivorous Plant Database and installed it into Firefox. I'm always looking up species to try to find the published descriptions or figure out invalid names.

Since you have the accounts setup with Mozilla why don't you go get together with the Omnisterra.com people and whip one out for the CP Database?

BTW: another great little add-on to use with the CP Photo Finder is Unlinker:

Not recommended for Dial-up Users

I will look into creating one this weekend... thanks for the suggestion.
I have created the Carnivorous Plant Database search add-on, together with favicon. I have emailed the owner of the site to ask for his permission to use a screenshot. I'll post the link to the add-on on the forum if I receive permission.

See HERE for the Carnivorous Plant Database add-on for Firefox.

I've just noticed that the CP Photo Finder Firefox search add-on has exceeded 50,000 downloads!

Back