Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does SuperThrive work?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    Stand facing the plant and then toss the bottle over your right shoulder. With practice, the bottle should land directly in the trash can. This location has been shown unequivocally to provide the maximum benefit to Cephalotus in the northern hemisphere. The Coriolis effect may require that you utilize your left shoulder if you live below the equator.

Quite possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a while! That and a video this morning of a guy in a Z06 'vette roasting his clutch and not the tires all the while thinking he was doing some awesome burn out...

Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    After getting a bottle & pouring over the label, I did (& do) get the creeping feeling that I was taken in by a swindler just by purchasing the stuff. The label & its claims seem to be designed for that effect - - ie: "#1 Perfecter"
    I feel the same way. I bought a bottle, read over it and instantly felt taken. It goes against what we're lectured about on almost a daily basis... "If it seems to good to be true, it is." I spent a few long nights trying to find some information on it good or bad but all I found was opinions and no actual creditable studies. I don't think I ever used any of it... Although the bottle may still be in a tub in the greenhouse at this point, I don't even feel like it's worth my time to do any testing. If there was a reason to do it, I feel like it'd be done by now.

Quote Originally Posted by cp-connection View Post
    My understanding is that it is the World CHAMPION #1 Activator, #1 Trans/ ,#1 Extra, #1 REVIVER, PLANTER, GROWER, #1 Perfecter.
    I guess that settles it then! hehe

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of Superthrive's ridiculous and hyperbolic claims (does it promote "wellness" or "goodness?"), the B-1 is definitely beneficial -- especially when transferring TC plants ex vitro to compost for the first time, reducing transplant shock . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't risk it with a ceph. It'll grow just fine without it.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is a Superthrive....If it contains vitamin B1 then it only helps when repotting plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    I wouldn't risk it with a ceph. It'll grow just fine without it.

I agree. Heck, I remember killing many of my plants with a fertilizer. I don't want the same thing to happen with an expensive and rare plant like a Cephalotus.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it and I swear by it. I just put one drop in my spray bottle, even though it says one drop per gallon. I'm always afraid I'm overusing it because my one drop is going into less than a gallon. Anyway, I spray it once a week and I see tremendous growth in my plants because of it. Before I was using it I didn't see nearly the growth of leaves and pitchers like I do now. I used it on my BE shipment when they came in and I haven't lost any plants, and they have more than doubled in size since they arrived. For me, it is a must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    superthrive is supposed to be ULTREA MEGA CONCENTRATED. the bottle says to use 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) per gallon. so like a drop per half gallon. it also says to use it in conjunction with fertilizers cuz it itself is not fertilizer just more of a catalyst. i bought it cuz peter speaks so highly of it. pete says he mostly uses it to soak roots in a solution for a few minutes when transplanting. further instructions on the bottle. so far ive used it for luck in my fertilizer water. i had a couple plants come in the mail all beat up and watered with some thrive and they'r alive today soooo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it religiously for about 6 months, at 2 drops per gallon per monthly feed with another fertilizer for my houseplants, and none(fert) for my cp's. What can I say, is it the ferts I used that gave the plants a boost, I assume so. Was it S/T that gave them the extra boost, I think not, as it's been over a year since I stopped adding S/T to my fert solution, and the plants behave the same way they did when I gave them the combo of the two. I don't use it when transplanting, as it makes a time consuming job even more so, which might stress the plant more than necessary, or not... (my heli is having transplant issues, if it brings it back from almost certain death, i'll keep you guys posted, if it's not already too late...)

Pros: i learned a lesson in sales pitches
    Cons: i learned my lesson in sales pitches

And come on, like RL said, just the label is enough to make you say, I've been had...

Now, what's trichoderma?

Indigo: too much of anything is a bad thing (but i can think of a couple exceptions)
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123