What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Did You Get For Christmas?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Aside from clothes, I got an electronic Sudoku, Billboards Hot 100 of the 1960's, and a book about 101 reasons to love the Mets.

Picture016-6.jpg

Money and chocolate. I ordered $230 worth of carnivorous plants and a pair of boots.

Two long sleeve t's, a cilantro/lemon incense sticks so my cat stays out of my plants(it would seem cats don't like anything citrus-like...), a gift card for gas, LOL my bestfriend gave me a 'so you are getting married handbook' and some moulah :D

Happy holidays!

AND OH!!! Too cool, Devon B. sent me two different drosera root cuttings!!!! thank you soo much, shhhhhh, but that was the coolest gift!!!!! Thanks Devon!!!

Ties, sweater-vests, slacks, bow-ties with matching vests, dress-socks, jackets, ribbed sweaters, button down shirts. A book on photography. One plant (yet to be shipped)
I also got two wax stamps for sealing envelopes with wax. I'll definitely use them to add a romantic or a formal touch to my envelopes.

I got modern warfare 2, a pair of sunglasses, a knife sharpener, and a smith and wesson magic assisted tanto knife,

modern warfare 2 , sweat shirt, like 400$ worth in gift cards (mainly for cp's shops) , candy and books.

mariobors.Wii, terrerium, popcorn mixer thing, uuuhhh, giftcard to futurechop for $75. :-D Merry x-mas!!!

like 400$ worth in gift cards (mainly for cp's shops)

You should take advantage of that and buy yourself a really rare/expensive carnivorous plant, like a Nepenthes Hamata or Macrophylla.

A fluxx extension (I am a fluxx addict), $40 from my grandparents, a book with 10 SAT practice tests (oh, thanks, Santa...) A cool escher puzzle, one of those metal ring puzzles, a box of reeds (yay!), and some other stuff... My clarinet teacher will be disappointed, she wanted Santa to bring me this $150+ clarinet case... but Santa, already weary from constant requests for reeds, swabs, and other paraphernalia, drew the line there :D .

5 pairs of black pants and 5 black tee shirts, a dozen pair of white socks and $55 cash in a card that says "this year buy a AAA membership!"

I guess the era of getting "fun" stuff is over for me. :(

I got a Peyton Manning Jersey that my wife bought for me and I bought one for her from a friend who has fell on hard times.

But Santa was rather good to my kiddies, I must say I am rather jealous. When I was growing up, I got maybe 5 gifts and 2 of them were batteries.

5 pairs of black pants and 5 black tee shirts, a dozen pair of white socks

Haha, did someone give you a catering job too?
I also got New Super Mario Bros. Wii, as well as a new cordless drill, bits, work gloves, candy, and grapefruit. It wasn't a Christmas gift this year, but I found one of those crystal growing chemistry kits in my closet back home... must've been a Christmas or birthday gift back when I was in high school and I never had the space to set it up. But now I do! I brought back an uninterruptible power supply that was sitting in my pile of old computer junk, too, but it seems to be busted. (Oh well... my lowlanders will just have to deal without heat in the event of a power outage. They've managed before.)
Biggest surprise this Christmas - a big jar of homemade soft cheese. :D
~Joe

Haha, did someone give you a catering job too?
That's all I ever wear so people give me those clothes as gifts and I wind up with more of the same. My closet is like a cartoon where the guy opens the door and has 100 outfits all exactly the same as the one he's already wearing. We had a secret santa thing at work, someone gave me two black shirts! lol

I should get a brightly colored tye dye shirt and pants set and freak everyone out.

Oh, so when I went back home on my break at work (yes, i'm working christmas night :p) my byblis has given me a gift of a ripe and open seed pod brimming with seeds! So tomorrow, I'm going to have to be careful and extract that seed pod without spilling too many seeds :D Christmas has extended it's influence for giving to the plant kingdom too now, life is sweet.

Hmmm....
Terrabite external Harddrive
Some weird Monster Cable high power HDTV/Cable power strip and cable thing....
gift card to where i work lol
Beatles Rockband XBOX 360
Batman Arkam Asylum XBOX 360
Tony Hawk's Ride XBOX 360
Cordile Cherrys mmmmm lol
an amazingly soft, warm, and comfortable robe @_@ i love it

thats about it i believe, not too much but it was a good christmas otherwise :)

not the best xmas and birthday (yesterday) i've ever had....returning stuff isn't going to be fun/ makes me feel guilty...on the brighter side family/friends is what counts around this time of year....some "cooler stuff" I got included sarracenia rhizomes, tropical drosera, and a new ipod along with boston bruins tickets among other things.

Blokeman, isn't it great when plants surprise you in a good way!

I got an electric razor, a nice Lands End jacket, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion for the PS3. Not much, but my kids got tons of stuff, some of which I'll play with too. Can't wait to try the 4-player co-op on super mario wii. I was defeated handily by my son in the sword fighting on wii sports resort today. gonna have to practice that some too.

Rocketed on Xmas, in Iraq, away from family and loved ones and now the girl I was talking to is with someone else..Got to watch my family open up their gifts..made me depressed really but it was good to see their faces even if it was digital.. oh and as a belated gift I'm going home (YAY! THE STATES!!) around the 16! CANT WAIT TO BE STATESIDE!!!

5 pairs of black pants and 5 black tee shirts, a dozen pair of white socks and $55 cash in a card that says "this year buy a AAA membership!"

I guess the era of getting "fun" stuff is over for me. :(

It'll really be over if all you're getting are ties and fruit logs! :-D

I've never worn a tie, I wouldn't even know what to do with it! I could tie it around my neck in a big bow like a pair of shoelaces... :D

Adam are you coming home for good or just like 2 weeks leave then have to head back?

Back