What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Did You Get For Christmas?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I've never worn a tie, I wouldn't even know what to do with it! I could tie it around my neck in a big bow like a pair of shoelaces... :D

Adam are you coming home for good or just like 2 weeks leave then have to head back?

swords I'm active so when i come home (IL is home stationed in Ft Drum NY) its only for a certain time but comin back state wise just 2 weeks of pure America! :boogie::boogie::banana2::banana2:

I got for Christmas .......
My wife an Step kids stranded in Oklahoma for 2 days ........:cry:... I miss em

I was defeated handily by my son in the sword fighting on wii sports resort today. gonna have to practice that some too
Block a lot. It pushes the other person back and really pisses them off!
I really like the "dogfight" in air sports.

LOl!! this is probably my most expensive christmas yet.

I bought for myself:

4 dressy casual shirts
2 black jeans
1 pair dressy casual boots
1 blazer-like winter coat (Adolfo brand) supposed to be 250$ originally...got it for 99$
Assassin's creed 2 PS3

a friend's christmas gift: Uncharted 2: among thieves

Also my first camera which was a great gift from my parents :)

I got no prezzies...I remember three years back my mum put presents under my bed :( Because we're not christian and we don't have a tree..

I'm the biggest atheist there is, I don't believe in higher spirits, in a 'life' after death... You don't need to be Christian to 'believe' in christmas. To me, it's about family and spending time with them, and sharing with them. It's really one of the only times of the year when everyone is in the same place at the same time. And don't feel bad, I(we) didn't have a tree this year either.

If Merry christmas isn't the case, well.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS :D

Cp related... a couple of Stewart McPherson books, 2 really nice antique prints and, a F#@&*ING GREENHOUSE !!!!!! I totally scored !

I don't celebrate Christmas. sob...sob.....

I got no prezzies...I remember three years back my mum put presents under my bed :( Because we're not christian and we don't have a tree..

Marvin, I'm Buddhist and celebrate christmas. Maybe not the Biblical side but family coming together, being around loved ones etc.:banana2: Just like blokeman said!

Besides receiving the entire Harry Potter movie collection on Blu-Ray, I asked for $$$ so that I can buy a telescope. I've been interested in astronomy my entire life, and now I can finally entire the hobby!

And, I might finally get the light cart I was promised on my birthday back in August. My mom was worried that the shipping would be expensive, but with less than a week until a 10% sale is over, I might be able to leverage her into placing an order!

So to add to my last post, my heliamphora minor is sending out a flower scape! Too cool...

Garmin Forerunner GPS 205, First season of ROME (HBO), money, books, TBD(from my inlaws, but still in Denver, flying back tomorrow), specimen sized Sarracenia purpurea venosa and mature Sarracenia alata x minor.

Wii, Snuggie, Some Wii Games, And thats about it. Also a spinnig head Psycho Baby

Some Wii games, Pitcher Plants of Borneo, Second Edition en route from the UK (my aunt knows me well), a free Nepenthes from Back2eight's giveaway, and the all important Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Blu-Ray. :D

Whole lots of love :D

Nothing, but a Messiah who loved me enough to die for my sins!

Amen, brother!

Marvin, I'm Buddhist and celebrate christmas. Maybe not the Biblical side but family coming together, being around loved ones etc.:banana2: Just like blokeman said!

I don't identify as Christian either - but amen to that. :D
There's no way I would miss out on an occasion to give gifts and express my appreciation to my loved ones. (Except that I'm a little broke right now, heh.) Some history aside, Christmas stands for some good stuff. I can understand some people taking exception to it's dominance of the season, but I try to focus on the good aspects and be inclusive. I guess I'm a little biased because I come from a Christian family, but I see importance in the principles of all major religions now that I've had a chance to learn about them. If I could remember all the various holidays I might try to observe them... but that would be holidays like 365 days a year... It's hard for me to just remember the Catholic and Jewish ones, and I actually go to functions for those with friends.
~Joe

Back