Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I Unreasonable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been waiting for my black truncatas, a hamata, and a diatas since early November due to inclement weather.

But the difference here is that I have been adequately notified of the delay and the reasons for it so I totally understand. You are right that communication is key.

I would suggest working out getting the plants so you are not charged the re-stocking fee and never order from them again if this experience has left you sour. There are plenty of other places to get the plants you are after.

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never Had any problems with them. In fact i think he is a very very honest person an a pleasure to deal with
    Last edited by adnedarn; 12-28-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto with what CN said. I have sometimes had to prod a couple times for a response, but there is usually something to warrant a delay.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you are being too unreasonable, however I think you should cut some slack due to the time of year. People that run businesses have families they want to spend time with too.

I don't think a 15% restocking fee is unreasonable either considering the paperwork and the service charges the credit card company will hit them with.

He only processes orders on Saturdays. A week or two delay is not unusual for him to fulfill orders. I came across a thread on another forum of someone complaining about a two week delay. Others said the same as I just did and that he always delivers. A few days later the thread started said the order was delivered.

I gather he took a full time job during the week to make ends meet. If you think they're getting rich selling CPs think again (just ask Andrew).

Email is not 100% reliable. Messages get delayed, lost, misplaced or buried in mailboxes. In the past Kim, who handles customer service, has always been helpful and prompt with me. Next time try their voice line.
    Last edited by adnedarn; 12-28-2009 at 04:09 PM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must simply expect too much from people. To think that someone would charge me a restocking fee for something never received is just ludicrous. The reasons for the delay, if any, really are not my problem esp if said issues are not relayed to me. You advertise a product and you ship that product ASAP. It's a simple business model.

Again, thanks for the input. I do appreciate all your comments! For a total bill of $18.95, they can have their 15% restocking fee and lose any further business...it just goes against my principles to reward insufficient service. As William James said, 'The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated'.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Location and owner's name removed to make sure we're staying with the rules of "nothing good nothing bad". The subject is fine as a general topic of fairness of fulfillment time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I don't think you are being too unreasonable, however I think you should cut some slack due to the time of year. People that run businesses have families they want to spend time with too.
    Agreed. Although I'll note that I was out in the greenhouse Christmas night packing 7 orders to go out on Saturday. One of the orders came in just after mail ran on the 22nd when the other orders were picked up and it was killing me that I had not got it shipped out yet! lol

I don't think a 15% restocking fee is unreasonable either considering the paperwork and the service charges the credit card company will hit them with.
    Don't know about that one, I get all of my fees back if I cancel a sale. Maybe I have a better agreement on my merchant account

... If you think they're getting rich selling CPs think again (just ask Andrew).
    Or just about anyone that sells CPs I would assume. I don't wish to make lots of money, but I'll still hoping and praying for the day that it can afford to pay for this forum (of course more than that would be nice too) I'm assuming that day will be the day that the loan pays off- another 3 years out at this point I think.

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given Swampdonkey is in Olalla WA and the vendor is within 400mi, I think that inclement weather is probably a suspect cause. More likely the vendor does not have plant on hand (or sold it to another person already) and has ordered another, hence, the restocking fee. Businesses often have backup suppliers through whom they work in order to offer an inventory they cannot always keep on hand.

I would give them a call and see what the holdup is and get an ETA from the vendor. Maybe he'll come clean with you as to what's going on. If not, that's the time to get irked and unreasonable.

-Hermes.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought from this grower multiple times and have had to wait about 2 weeks for my orders. Granted I am anxious to receive them but 2 weeks wont really make a difference after I've received them. I agree that sticking to basic customer etiquette is key if you wish to keep your customers but I also understand that sometimes things happen, especially during busy holiday seasons and bad weather. But again that is why communication is part of that customer etiquette. I've received nothing but quality from this place and wouldnt think twice about ordering again. I would call and/or send one last email explaining your frustration while trying to place yourself in his shoes. "You never know what's going on in his life" is what I try to focus on when I get angry or upset about things like this.

I once bought a rafflesiana and received what looked to be a cutting that had had it's roots ripped out. I contacted the seller and explained the situation and made sure I had pictures to show what I was conveying and he graciously offered me a free one with my next order.
    Communication and understanding are key, I wouldn't go burning bridges yet, there's some quality plants over there. Just my 2 pennies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast