Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I Unreasonable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Communication is something that he does not have time for unfortunately...somebody tell him that this should be one of his priorities!
    ....other than that ...great seller, great prices, great plants, many great things...
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really a terrible time to be shipping plants anyway, both winter and holiday time. Combine both for some really bad times. I've done plenty of business with this guy years ago and haven't had any problems, though I almost always quit ordering live plants from Oct/Nov - March it's just safer that way. Of course notifying someone of a delay is nice but... well who knows why he didn't get to it in two weeks. Let me just say it took me 5 months and proof from the bank of payment to get my copy of Taylors Utricularia book from one of the oldest and most respected botanical institutions in the world... things just happen sometimes.

I slipped up on my "no winter ordering rule" this year and just had a big box of orchids get lost in the mail between IL and MN for almost two weeks (8 or 10 days total I think) before Xmas but by some kind of magic they arrived safe and sound and weren't frozen veggies as I'd expected they'd be. That was a close enough call for me for this year, unless someone offers me an N. edwardsiana or N. klossii but I'll drive over to get it!

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mar.Ca, swords ,

Both of you Well said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, appreciate the input/comments from everyone. In the end I'll do what I feel is right for me. Sure I would have liked a better reception to my emails but....

-Scott-
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that', said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.
    I'm mad. You're mad.' 'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well You could always go to where swords got is ....N. ampullaria 'Harlequin'. ....... (JOKE ING )
    or be patient or even another great place would be through The Head man here ..... Because i am thrilled with my plant from him an am looking at an order very soon through him again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not unreasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well You could always go to where swords got is ....N. ampullaria 'Harlequin'. ......
    It's actually coming back from the near dead/crummy look. I think maybe the new leaf will inflate a pitcher, the first new leaf it made for me didn't even make a pitcher bud but the latest one looks like it has one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting opinions. While 2 weeks is probably premature to start being aggravated about a late delivery (especially around holidays & in winter)(& earns you a few grinch points), being charged a restocking fee for an item that was never returned, never mailed out & therefore never really removed from stock seems to be an 'in-your-face', 'take-your-business-elsewhere' strong statement (probably worth a few holiday grinch points too).

It's a shame. I believe that this vendor is a good guy but I know that he has really been pinched for time as he tries to make ends meet & support his family...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast