Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I Unreasonable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I Unreasonable?

Opinions wanted:

Ordered two small plants from an online vendor and after two weeks the in-stock items still have not shipped. Emailed to cancel the order and their response was that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. I feel two weeks to ship two plants 400 miles is plenty-o-time. If there was some sort of issue, email me and we'll work something out. Never heard a word.

I'm all about customer service. If it ain't there, regardless of price, I'm shopping elsewhere. To hit me w/ a restocking fee on something I never received is insulting....

So, am I overreacting?

Thanks...
    Last edited by adnedarn; 12-28-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope i would be angry to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they tell you why they've not shipped? I would start by asking what the cause for the delay is (after all, it's the holiday season, they could be behind on their orders), secondly I would ask what the ETA is for the plants. If they miss that date, then I would consider talking to my credit card company to put a stop payment/refund request due to failure to deliver. Give them a chance first though, they may have a good reason for delaying.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who knows, theres plenty of places who watch the weather around the country and try to ship within more favorable conditions. Considering alot of the country was just hit by a ridiculous blizzard who knows what their reasoning was/is.

the most upsetting thing would be the lack of communication... but i'd have waited to see why it was held up before i'd freak out i think.

meh? your call

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you aren't being unreasonable, I think Brokken is right; you'll catch more flies with honey. (The suggestion about calling your bank is also a good one - assuming the money hasn't yet left your account many banks are happy to oblige.) But also - and you probably already know this - scope out some reviews before placing items with internet vendors. I believe I've heard similar stories from other folks.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, Brokken. Again, for me, this comes down to customer service. In the future I will inquire about when delivery can be expected. I checked their site to see if there was any verbiage regarding shipping times but didn't see anything. If they had contacted me and said, 'we're slammed, please be patient...', then no worries. Communication works wonders. However, if I'm in business and someone contacts me w/ a legitimate gripe, I ain't going to guarantee that this person will never buy from me again by responding w/ a restocking fee, I'm trying to win them back and make things right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What plants were they? It might of been something with the tempature of your area or theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the bank route. The credit card was charged on the day the order was placed. Then again, most credit cards are pretty good at fighting charges for their cardholders.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast