What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New leopard gecko

Villosa

BANNED
My New leopard gecko.

2009_12290013.jpg

2009_12290014.jpg

Nick

nice gecko! beautiful little guy!

Thanks, he's very active.

Nice looking Leo.
One of the best lizards to keep as a pet.

Looks like her tail from the pictures may be regenerated.

Nice looking Leo.
One of the best lizards to keep as a pet.

Looks like her tail from the pictures may be regenerated.

Elgecko ,
where are you seeing this ...... Did i miss some thing helping him pick the right one ?
we were in kind of a hurry when we got it .....
How you know its a female ?

Daren

Elgecko ,
where are you seeing this ...... Did i miss some thing helping him pick the right one ?

Daren

Thats why he's called Elgecko ;)

Cute little bugger. What's it's name?
Back in high school I had a chameleon and iguana, sadly had to get rid of them when I went off to college but this makes me want to give chameleons a shot again! Thanks for sharing :)

Elgecko ,

Daren

Most Leo's captive bred for pet stores are females. The sex is determined by the temperature the eggs are incubated at.
Males will fight with each other. So breeders for pet stores produce females so there is no fighting in the tanks at the stores.

A regenerated tail means at some point it "dropped" the tail. Most lizards can do this.
If the Leo was handled rough at some point, or picked on by a bigger Leo, it can drop its tail as a means of escape.
The tail will then regenerated. It will not be as nice as the original, looking smoother after the break point and more bulbous.
I have a Leo that has a regenerated tail..... I dropped a ceramic water bowl on its tail when I went to refill the water dish. Man was I pis..... :censor:

My site with Leopard Gecko Info:
http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/geckos.html

A regenerated tail means at some point it "dropped" the tail. Most lizards can do this.
If the Leo was handled rough at some point, or picked on by a bigger Leo, it can drop its tail as a means of escape.
The tail will then regenerated.

My site with Leopard Gecko Info:
http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/geckos.html

I understand all this . I took some herpetology In College.

An now after you you say this i did notice a stair step in the tail sectin

I dropped a ceramic water bowl on its tail when I went to refill the water dish. Man was I pis....

I'd imagine the lizard was actually a bit more pis.... :D

Back