What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
First, thinking back to a post that someone made about another guy's "advanced ceph grow rack", where my camera decided to die for a week, I decided to show you guys mine :-))

ceph:
PC240002.jpg

the "grow shelf":
PC240003.jpg

left to right: n.sang, n.ventricosa, d.capensis red, ceph, n.sang, n.vent, n.sang, d.capensis, d.scorp, h.nutans, d.roseana, n.sang

And the baby pygmy drosera tray -
PC300030.jpg

I just got a new vine out back -
passiflora "blue bouquet"
PC240006.jpg

PC300028.jpg

A new pitcher, albeit smaller than the one it came with and with stupid small lid syndrome--
N.thorXcamp
PC240007.jpg

PC240008.jpg

New babies -
N.amp redXsib
(with N.albo in the back in a bag)
PC240011.jpg

N.pervillei
PC240013.jpg

PC240014.jpg

N.aristo
PC300024.jpg

S.psitt green
PC300029.jpg

some cobras!
PC230006.jpg

something I got as "d.Forked" with some utrics and other sundews in the pot in a random flower shop for eight bucks -
PC300031.jpg

I'm trying out some big planters with my plants (drainage hole ~4" from the top...hope the water isn't too low/high? help?) -
PC240004.jpg

left to right - venus flytrap typical, winter bud of a temperate sundew, s.psittXminor okee, utric bisquamata, venus flytrap dente

and baby pitchers -
truncata left, jamban right
PC300039.jpg

Hope the plants look good and you have a great new year!

wow they look great

pervillei eh....where the hell lol. ive gotta get me one of those beauties.

The passiflora looks cool!

thanks!!

Love the thorelii x campanulata! Great hybrid! :)

They look great, keep it up.

wow! great plants!! so many!! love the neps!

Very interesting collection! N. jamban, pervillei, antho free psittacina, and N. aristo! Very cool, great growing :)

Nice pervillei! Everything else looks nice as well!

I like the passiflora.

I wouldn't have put those drainage holes so low in that container, especially with the Utricularia in there. I don't drain any of my containers, I just make sure the medium is level to very slightly higher than the top of the pot. Very nice little collection of rarities though !

Oh, well I've only had the pervillei, aristo and psittacina for a hot second so I can't take any credit for them yet, but I will definitely post updates in a couple months. I can't *wait* for spring to come for all the pitchers I have outside sleeping to pop up :grin:

Johnny - will plug up the holes with hot glue and move them a little higher then maybe...I get worried about leaving a venus flytrap bulb below the water line, is the reason I put them so low. I guess I keep my plants on the dryer-side because I'm afraid of mold/rotting ???

I think if you just raise up the soil a bit and keep it undrained you should be fine.

I know where you get most of your plants. (The red tag gives it away, as I've ordered there too).

Back