What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spring is here!

A few S. leucophylla "tarnok" put out a flower this time every year. Sometimes a good way to beat the winter blues is to be in denial!

IMG_0165.jpg

Wow, that seems early! How long until the pitchers follow?

Very cool! I noticed the same thing on mine too, 3 flowers coming up!

lolol ooooh a whole month hahaha.
it will probably be around march or april when i see my first round of pitchers. XD

...I should take a look at my Sarracenias tomorrow, lol.

I have an all white leuco that's pushing up two flowers right now and it only gets an hour or two of sun early in the morning.

Do your early flowers tend to get stunted? Mine do, but I think it may be because of our late frosts.
~Joe

I checked all of my plants and not one is sending up a flower :(

I checked all of my plants and not one is sending up a flower :(

You can look for the papery sheath that the flowers come out of (it looks like a little tee-pee), you can feel it from the outside to see if there is a little marble of a flower inside. I know, this sounds high tech.

wow!
thats amazing..

Spring is still 3 solid months away up here.. :(

Scot

I'm in the same boat as you scottychaos.....probably march or april till the temperate cp's come out of dormancy. Kinda why I like having tropical cp's to help with the winter blues....

Lol I just put them in the fridge a week ago

I promise not to say anything.

Much.
:jester:

I expect to see buds soon, flower stalks in a month or two, and flowers soon after. :-O

Back