What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like Florida might be receiving snow this weekend

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
So, lots of people here in Florida keep saying that we will get snow this weekend for the first time in decades.

Question: I have a small cold-frame greenhouse on my patio with some Nepenthes (Khanasi, Ventricosa, and Singalana), Mexican pinguicula, Brocchinia Reducta, and Drosera Adelae.

Will these plants be fine outdoors in the mini-greenhouse? They won't get touched by snow, but I'm worried about temperatures being in the 20s for them.

Bring them inside, or put a little heater out there. That's what I do here in Mississippi. An electric floor or space heater. You just have to be careful where you point it. The plants directly in the path of the hot blown air will suffer. Make sure it isn't blowing on any plants. Put it up higher, or on the floor with the plants up high, or something. If you don't have that many plants, it might just be better for them to come inside your house for the duration.

Okay, false alarm. We just checked the weather channel and while it is supposed to rain early Saturday, the low is going to be 36 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday.

Got some freaky sleet/snow/rain mixture yesterday. The low last night was 26 - tonight it is supposed to be 24. I'm sorry, but I thought the numbers below 50 on the thermometer were just there for decoration. If this keeps up much longer I might as well be living in Montana.

It snowed a bit here, but it quickly melted away.

. I'm sorry, but I thought the numbers below 50 on the thermometer were just there for decoration.

Ha! Someone who agrees! I don't consider anything below 50 to be real weather. It's just not supposed to happen.

don't come to canada then :p

Actually, I just might in a few years.

well if you come to montreal, you have to come see us! i can even show you a couple canadian bogs!

I wish I could, but I highly doubt my parents would let me visit you guys in Canada. :/

Back